Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st JL delivered tonight

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by CDJSalesPro, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Cody's Car Conundrum

Cody's Car Conundrum Active Member

You and me both (Denver autoshow is still a little ways away though).

Zagnut27 likes this.
  2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

Yup, I haven't been to the Philly show since I was a kid. That time, they had the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee there and I believe John Schneider was there signing autographs. I got a picture of what I believe to be the back of his head...:D Somewhere in the labyrinth that is my basement, I have a photo album with the pics in it.

And the last car show I went to IIRC was in Syracuse back before I bought my TJ in 1998. So I've been out of the game for quite a while...don't call it a comeback! :D

3. romalerig

romalerig Well-Known Member

I don't intend to be rude but dear CDJSalesPro, don't you think your repair shop is in need of a restoration ? Maybe re-painting the walls, new windows ? Better lighting? :) Imho, it could be not that great for the business having such a mess, especially when a FCA dealer is on the eve of selling a nearly 100k $ truck like the GW, which is destined to attract a more premium clientele. I hope that the FCA's repair shops are for the most part in a better shape.

A bit OT, I know, sorry :D

ScramFan and T_690 like this.
  4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

How do you propose the the dealer pay for those renovations when FCA has been reducing dealer margin on new car sales and putting more overhead and less repayment on warranty repairs?

5. romalerig

romalerig Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me ? Automotive News (on line and on paper and not just it) is full of articles in which many CDJR dealers (FCA National Dealer Council included) declare themselves extremely happy. Do you wanna know why ? Because they never made so much money like in the last ten years And no, not everything depends on an economy which is in a better shape compare to 2007, believe it or not...

6. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I won't call it a come back. But if you make a comeback you have to go to Chrysler at Carlisle. Your whole family will enjoy it and the memories will be talked about all year til you get back again.

We are hooked on Car shows, swap meets, and Monster truck shows.

And to keep on topic, the JL looks awesome in your pics @CDJSalesPro. Can' wait to see this at carlisle. Maybe it will be on the ride and drive.

Not much of a Jeeper (had a Liberty) but I have always wanted to get a Wrangler and load it on a flatbed Ram 4500 and go west to play.

UN4GTBL and Cody's Car Conundrum like this.
  7. CDJSalesPro

Level III Supporter

First of all thats not the service dept....its a wash bay in the detail dept. Secondly and most importantly there is this silly thing called MONEY that sometimes makes dealers prioritize what additional improvements they would like to make. Do I agree that it could use some love....ABSOLUTELY but I dont write the checks.;)

xjgary, jclick, Zagnut27 and 6 others like this.
  8. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

The best service I've ever had has been in old shops just like that.

9. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

Will customers ever be in there?

As long as the space is functional, and the employees are safe and able to do their jobs, what does it matter?

eastcoaster, tlc, Doug D and 3 others like this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

Try as I might...I just don’t see what you’re seeing. All I see is a JLU in those pics...;)

UN4GTBL, suzq044, burtstwins and 2 others like this.
  11. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

A clean environment that’s updated or at least painted now and again can do wonders for morale. If the boss doesn’t care if the shop is dirty, why would the employee treat a customers vehicle differently? It’s not 100%, but I’ve been to more “happy” heavy equipment garages that are clean than dirty.

cygnus, ramajama, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  12. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective
    Level 2 Supporter

All FCA shops look like that. We just got a renovation and our shop is still ugly, cold, but practical.

13. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

As a customer, I personally could not give two craps what the shop looks like. If I have an issue, I just want my vehicle fixed right. And don't pay me lip service about it. Keep it till it's fixed. I hate it when the service manager smiles and said yep, it's done. I get in the vehicle and it's doing the same as it did when I brought it in.

xjgary, tlc, UN4GTBL and 8 others like this.
  14. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

This, and all of this. The service department could have roaches and I wouldn't care...as long as I don't take any home. :)

Zagnut27, jwp44, somber and 2 others like this.
  15. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Well, like I said, it isn’t a perfect correlation but would anyone here feel like doing their best day in day out if you worked in a dump? Sanitation workers exempt of course.;)

xjgary and bluskye like this.
  16. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

If it's not affecting my paycheck, then I wouldn't care. Guess I'm special. JNAP's roof leaks, doesn't bother me at all. I still go to work every day, happy to build more Jeeps. :) And it's not my pay, I started with half of what I get paid now... and I was just as happy to build 'em then with the same leaky roof! ;)

#56 marlon_jbt, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    somber, danbek, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  17. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Are you a sponsor on this forum? Just curious.

And that plastic "between the bumper and the fender" crap would be gone before I left the dealer. Just sayin'.

DarkSky likes this.
  18. TripleT

Level III Supporter

Why not keep it for a long trip at interstate speeds? If it easy off and easy on... use it when needed.

19. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

And that's your call as the new owner of the vehicle. I'm sure many will take them off, but there will definitely be those that will take that extra mpg or two instead.

eastcoaster, xjgary, Zagnut27 and 3 others like this.
  20. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Or enjoy a front bumper that is cleaner without the road splash from that opening.

Zagnut27, suzq044 and danbek like this.