Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.7 rear catalytic converter removal tip.

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by ironman187, Jul 30, 2017.

1. ironman187

ironman187 Active Member

Hey all, I replaced the rear catalytic converter on a 2006 Chrysler Sebring with the 2.7. Just thought I'd let you all know that it is possible to remove it without pulling out the passenger side drive shaft. Honestly, it would probably be easier to just remove/drop the drive shaft, but mine was already in the air and removing the drive shaft nut would have taken a lot of extra time. I removed the bolt for the shock fork bushing, removed the through bolt on the front motor mount, and removed the two bolts holding the passenger side motor mount to the frame. I then I put a strap around the front manifold and lifted the engine as high as possible. I then pushed down on the wheel and was able to get just enough clearance to remove the old converter, and maneuver a new one into the open space behind the motor. Do this at your own peril, it's entirely possible that this method could cause damage to your rear and drivers side motor mounts.

saltydog and blackstratus like this.