AF: 2 "NEW" SHELBY CHARGERS GOING UP FOR AUCTION | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 "NEW" SHELBY CHARGERS GOING UP FOR AUCTION

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by Fast Eddie, Mar 10, 2020.

1. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Active Member

The air dams were dealer installed. I see the box in the back of the Daytona for its air dam, but see no sign of the air dam for the Charger. Assuming they have the Charger's air dam, I'd be all over that car if I had a place to keep it.

2. stroudtom

Level 2 Supporter

Ya think they couldn't sell?
    Wonder if they can get sticker price?

3. dana44

Ad-Free Member

I had a little silver 2.2 Shelby Turbo do a little speed run with me back in 1987 while heading home in my 68 Charger after installing a 6pac. We hit 138mph before something flew off his car, and when I stopped to make sure he was OK, he said the bra was ripping on the front of the car! I was rather impressed with the way the Shelby was sticking to the ground. When asked, he said he had gone faster than this run.

4. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I'm pretty tempted...except they're in SD.

5. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

My girl had a early Charger (83)? It was a 4 speed with NO air or PS,PB. Missed the air but not the PS,PB

6. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

that's crazy. I drove from Chicago to drive a red one just like that and the dealer would not take "green slip"; asked to borrow their phone and called another dealer and they had ONE Shelby on the showroom, told them to wrap it up and the salesman at the first dealer heard the whole thing. Drove over and bought my blue one.

Attached Files:

JA Cumbo and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  7. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

My son had a Shelby Charger, Black and silver, at the same time I bought a new Spirit R/ T . He had his Shelby hopped up and I never raced him, but he claimed he would smoke me. The only trouble he had was blowing out the differential gears right through the case a couple times, he beat the crap out of that car, one of the reasons I never raced him, I never could bring myself to beat my Spirit that hard.

8. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

I took great care of mine, and still the turbo/bearings seized up. Still ran, just no boost.

9. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Active Member

There were several '83 Shelby Chargers local to me (including mine) way back when. Two of them, that I saw all the time, but never at the same time in the same place, were wearing the wrong air dams. One was a silver car wearing the air dam for a blue car. The other, of course, was a blue car wearing the air dam from a silver car. I never got the chance to speak to either owner, but I always assumed some dealer's service department removed the air dams from the cars, set them aside, then installed them at different times, somehow not being bright enough to notice the colors were off.

10. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

makes no sense

11. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

Wow...Just wow. There was an 86 SHelby CHarger turbo red/silver for sale locally last week. It had a little bit of wear and someone removed the AC compressor. But the price was right and it sold pretty quickly.