Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 and Dart

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by unverferth, Oct 3, 2017.

1. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

I don't think the "powers that be" really give a darn what we think. That has been shown to us time and again. They have the answers they wish to hear and the rest of us can go somewhere else if we don't like their version. Simple as that, don't like what Chrysler has, buy a Maserati or an Alfa, what's wrong with you? (this is sarcasm, BTW)

JavelinAMX, Ian and nastijeep like this.
  2. Lucas

Lucas New Member

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm trying to get into something different, but I can't get more than $12,000 for mine (I have to fight like heck for that), and it's fully loaded! It's a great car, but it was terribly managed from a business perspective.

Ernesto and somber like this.
  3. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

The 200S and 200C is having their resale value quickly increase which is a relief. 4 cylinder models have very low resale still, but the 200S and 200C are back over the $20k mark for a 2015 or above. So that is nice to see on average.

You can still see some dumb no name dealers that don't know differences in the trim models and still have them dirt cheap.

Ernesto, Ian and wolfsblood07 like this.
  4. wolfsblood07

wolfsblood07 Active Member

Cool! People know a good car when they see it. Where else can you get so much for your money?

5. faliray

faliray Member

I agree. FCA is my first choice when looking for a new car, but they dont have anything to offer me. Ive never owned a SUV/CUV. I always owned sedans. I hope FCA comes up with a small/midsize sedan in the future so I have something to consider.

Also, I dont buy the unprofitability argument for the 200. They were selling at a rate of 150,000 units per year. Seems profitable to me.

Ian, somber and wolfsblood07 like this.
  6. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

There is a lot more that goes into profitability than how many get sold in a year.

AlfaCuda, tlc and ScramFan like this.
  7. Planefixer

Planefixer Member

All I can say is I thought I did my homework on the 200 my wife owns and I drive occasionaly and we bought it in CT THE vehicle was in Denver. .we paid $1k extra Shipping. ..it is a V6AWD 200 all options except sunroof and love it. Great vehicle I can't understand why FCA dropped it. It meets all our expectations and I drive a SRT Jeep. We don't like the trade in value right now.

I can't understand why FCA didn’t give the rags a V6 to test only 4s. Goofy idea.

Great car! Love it.

Bottom line this has all the hard items a Cherokee Jeep has..but without the respect

#87 Planefixer, Dec 9, 2017 at 2:19 PM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 2:24 PM
    somber, wolfsblood07 and aldo90731 like this.
  8. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

PT Cruiser appealed to a segment that looks for a small, affordable wagon that sets them apart. After PT Cruiser, Toyota Matrix, Scion xB, Mazda3 picked that torch, and then Kia Soul. Now MINI kinda sorta provides a premium offering to this crowd.

I haven’t seen evidence of similar interest for sedans. Mazda3 is the closest I can remember to a sedan that focused on styling and fun to drive that was successful. Even then, Mazda3 wagon outsold the sedan 2-to-1 for many years.

Sedan buyers tend to be more conservative. To them, styling plays a secondary role well subordinated to reliability, safety and value/efficiency. Even VW, back when it had a more premium positioning, wasn’t able to grow Jetta beyond the periphery of the market. These days, shoppers who want a more stylish, rewarding sedan end up leasing an Audi or a BMW.

#88 aldo90731, Dec 9, 2017 at 4:13 PM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 4:20 PM
  9. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

That's high on my list for a Commuter car; less so the sedan. However, I'm more open regarding a commuter type car than other forms. (Probably because they are better represented than the MPV style vehicle).

But, I've had rather good experiences with my now wheezing and nearly dead Mazda MPV, and with the Mazda 6's we've rented. I tend to think of the brand as under-appreciated - but that's just my opinion.

aldo90731 likes this.