Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 and Dart

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by unverferth, Oct 3, 2017.

1. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I don't know...how does Buick sell a SUV/CUVs in the same showroom as GMC? How does Chevy do it in the same showroom as Cadillac? How do Ford and Lincoln do it?

cygnus likes this.
  2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

None of those are Jeep. Here’s an example of how powerful the Jeep name is: Commander outsold Durango, both in absolute numbers in peak years (when Durango shared with Grand Cherokee) and as a percentage. That’s a perfect example of the power of the Jeep name and why it isn’t a given Chrysler CUVs are going to magically sell in huge volume. What is Chrysler’s differentiation?

#102 valiant67, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    JavelinAMX and Erik Latranyi like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Car Freak

Different buyers. I work for a Ford/Lincoln dealership and they have no issues selling Escapes along with the MKC, same with Edge/MKX. People buying an MKX wont even look at an Edge. Same goes for Chrysler and Dodge buyers. When I was shopping for a car, I had no interest in the 200, I bought the Avenger instead. I prefer the Dodge styling. I would, although, buy a 300 instead of a Charger...

4. Dragonkat

Dragonkat Member

FCA lost has been Hyundai/KIA gane, most of those shoppers ended up going to there local Hyundai dealer.

aldo90731 likes this.
  5. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

Buick is not an example of a successful brand. It would have gone to the grave along with Pontiac and Hummer, had it not been for the fondness Chinese have for Buick.

I understand Chinese royalty used to be driven in Buicks, hence giving the brand unique visibility and position.

When GM held 50% of the US market it made sense to have Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, GMC in addition to Chevrolet; now that it has 19% it doesn’t. But despite the cannibalization it creates to GMC and Chevrolet in its NAFTA showrooms, GM kept Buick because China is now the largest auto market in the world, and growing.

#105 aldo90731, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    ehaase, GasAxe and Erik Latranyi like this.