Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Durango R/T Trans upshift issue

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by russ300h, Nov 17, 2017.

1. russ300h

russ300h Active Member

I am having an occasional 2-3 upshift problem where I really have to "boot it" to get it to upshift. I pulled codes of P1762 Low gov pressure voltage and P1763 High gov pressure voltage. There was also a P0138 High 02 sensor voltage. Doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally. Thanks for any insight to solving this issue

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

46RE? P1762 is the gov pressure sensor 'offset' voltage too low or too high. P1763 is the gov pressure sensor voltage too high. Read the 'Possible causes' for both codes and investigate which 'causes' that both the codes have in common.
    I would suspect wire harness, connector or gov sensor/solenoid (transducer) issues. I usually replaced both the sensor and solenoid as a pair if diagnostics showed either to be needing replacement. Use OEM components.
    See p. 268 and 272 here. Component locations are shown on p. 297. This is for a 2000 Dakota and wire colors may be different, but the diagnostic procedures should be the same:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/..._Powertrain_Diagnostic_Procedures/ER1_PWR.PDF
    This manual doesn't show downstream (1/2) O2 codes at all, but P0138 possible causes and diagnostics would be similar to P0132. If the harness is OK, it may be the downstream sensor itself?

3. russ300h

russ300h Active Member

Thanks Much IC It is a Durango R/T with 5.9 & 46RE I will check it out I have had wiring issues with this truck in the past