Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Chrysler Neon -- odd question

Discussion in 'Neon' started by T-Dot25, Jul 12, 2016.

1. T-Dot25

T-Dot25 Member

Hey everyone.

Does anyone have an idea what this one wire connector to single attachment connection box is? It sits at the valve cover (back of engine) and is bolted onto the block. It is a green/yellow or orange wire and the connector says 40 amp on it. Is this a fuse for something important that I should know about? Is it for grounding the alternator or something else? I have always wondered what it was for or does but can't find anything on it. Just a random non-sensical little box connection that must do something. I am leaning toward fuse but fuse for what, I have no idea.

sits 20160711_234415.jpeg

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

That is a capacitor for noise suppresion. It is used along the ASD relay output (Gn/Or) wire path to subdue AM radio interference noise from various EFI/Ign components, particularly the ignition coil and injectors. You can see it at the bottom of this diagram here:

2009-11-01_172435_99_PL_FP_ASD_CKT_FUSE_21.png

T-Dot25 likes this.
  3. T-Dot25

T-Dot25 Member

Thanks, IC.

That was the furthest thing from my mind. Thanks for making sense of it for me. I have bookmarked it in my notes for future reference. :)

4. T-Dot25

T-Dot25 Member