Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Sebring LXi 2.7 liter A/C compressor

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by Chief Pete, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Chief Pete

Chief Pete Member

The bearings are shot on my ac compressor and I looked on Rock Auto for a replacement but it distinguishes between a 4.33" and 3.87" diameter clutch. Do I just measure the diameter of the pulley or where should I measure? Any help or tips on replacing the compressor would be greatly appreciated.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The Mopar factory parts catalog doesn't ask for this measurement. The compressor is sold as a unit. See figure 24-430; Item # 8 here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD3/97-01/01JR.pdf
    Are you trying to service the clutch only?
    Use the Mopar part # in your parts search. It doesn't have to specifically be a Mopar part, but OEM is important. Use proper tools and procedures in servicing the A/C system.