AF: 2004 Turbo PT Cruiser part out. Some performance parts!!! | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 Turbo PT Cruiser part out. Some performance parts!!!

Discussion in 'Cars and parts - sell and swap' started by Cooper123, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Well my car finally broke a timing belt and also had a small wreck. Time to part out a few goodies I've bought for it over the years and anything else people want and send it to the crusher. Ill list the fun parts and prices any stock parts people want gimme a shout...

1- Syked Stage 1 plus tune. I sent this PCM back and forth to them many times to get the tune just right. As a matter of fact it was one of the first automatic PT cruisers back in the day, to have the transmission shift pressures raised, torque management deleted, shift delay reduced ,shiftpoints and rev limit upped, speed limiter removed etc. The sticker is faded but still but somewhat visable. I would say boost spikes at 16 lb maybe a hair over and after it would shift and things would level out I would see 14 lb. The PCM was tuned for a k&n fipk 2, 55 mm throttle body, catless 3 inch downpipe, 2 and 1/2 inch MagnaFlow cat back, Mopar diverter valve. $100 plus shipping

2- K&N FIPK2 ... Everything is there, I cleaned and reoiled the filter yesterday. $100 plus shipping

3- 55 mm ported throttle body with a half shaft mod. I remember putting calipers on this and I really feel like it's more like 54.5.. $100 plus shipping

4- Mopar knockoff diverter valve. $5 plus shipping

5- Flame hood, this one is in the very nice shape. I have never seen another Hood like this it's made it very well. I have never seen another one like it and I can't find any reference for them online. I'm sure it was expensive in its time. $300 plus shipping

I'll catch a few pictures of the car overall and if anybody needs any interior pieces or outside pieces before it goes to the scrap yard let me know

Many years ago I was a regular at PT cruiser links. But I forgot my name and password so I made one here. I don't even know if I'm able to post pictures but if anyone wants to leave their email I can send pics of all the items offered

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  2. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Voice to text make me sound a little jumbled in the message. My apologies if anyone has any questions or wants pictures just let me know. I'm happy to give out my cell number take extra pictures and I have PayPal

3. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

I sent a PM to Handy_Cruiser directing him to this thread, he's in Arkansas and may be interested in some items.

You can use the Imgur to post pics.

4. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

It makes me sound so dated ..I have no idea what imgur is...I'm.not computer or phone savy....I sent my first text message 4 years ago lol

5. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

6. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

I posted a link of the imgur I just created...be gentle as I'm reading and learning as I go...hope I did it right

7. 06PTElectricBlue

You did good for not being computer savy :)

I'll post some of your pics directly to this thread, some people don't like to click on links.

The PT has a little damage, but not too major, be a shame to scrap it. :(

That flame hood is very cool, Jerry would likely know the history of it, he may respond if he sees this thread. :)

If you save nothing else off that PT, I would save the hood, you may find a buyer at a later date :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll have to post the rest of your pics later, Imgur is having a hiccup right now in uploading pics.

#7 06PTElectricBlue, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  8. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't scrap it because of a little ding. Man, if that was mine, I'd do the timing belt/water pump/tensioner/seals repair and drive it like I stole it. I hate to see something that nice go to the crusher. Keep those GT floor mats too. People will buy them.

9. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Well there's a lot more to the story. I bought this car bone stock probably 10 years ago maybe longer I can't remember exactly. I've been a car enthusiast since the mid-90s I've built many different types of cars and trucks. I just enjoy building and trying different things. Nevertheless I built this car spent the money spent the time.. and I had an individual that lives near me become very interested I really wasn't interested in selling it but the car had 76,000 miles and they offered me top dollar for it so they bought it. so for the last 5 years or so they have been driving the car and I've been hearing their exploits of how they're out running lots of people and surprising people. But I never really paid close attention to the car. It was their car I kind of minding my own business. I get a call earlier in the week that they had had a small fender-bender and that the timing belt broke and they wanted to know if I wanted to buy the car back. It was literally stuck in the middle of the road. I bought the car back for $1,200 trying to get them out of a bind. I figured I can part out what I could and then scrap the rest and hopefully recoup a chunk of my money while at the same time helping someone out of a bind.

10. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Needless to say the people that bought it from me I didn't treat it kindly like I did...The front bumper has been ripped off and duct tape it back on. Various parts of the car have been spray-painted, they've run into a few curbs so the suspension geometry isn't quite solid, the tow truck driver even said the suspension was all wacky when he loaded and dropped off the car.. they never changed any of the fluids, oil change sticker is over 2 years old. I'm really just hoping to part out what I can and scrap the rest

#10 Cooper123, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  11. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

I'm not looking to get rich on any of the stuff I do realize these cars are kind of a niche market and people like to try to save them. I'm like that about many cars myself but I'm over this car. It's a tragedy what they've done. If people eant to offer me low prices for door panels and steering wheels and gauges and seats and trim pieces and whatever.. I'm happy just to see the parts go to a good home and get reused and cared for. As long as I can try and get the bulk of my money back at the end of the day I'm a happy guy

12. 06PTElectricBlue

That's a shame that they didn't treat it like you did, but ran it into the ground :(

13. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Agreed I had that car pristine..better than new. Spent lots of money and love on it. With the bolt ons and that dialed in tune, for what it was it was pretty quick. I out ran alot of mustang gts 2004 and older. People's face would melt off when when a grandma car smoked em. They'd wanna pull over and found out how lol...truly a fun car in it's day.

14. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Thank you for your help

15. 06PTElectricBlue

Here's the rest of your pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Thanks to all for the participation, the understanding and the help figuring out all this technology. Helpful group of folks around here!

17. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

I know people have mentioned I need to hang on to the hood because it's cool. I'll probably hang onto the floor mats too. But really another Jewel out of this part out is that stage 1 + PCM. I know we all know what a stage 1 feels like. I have ridden in other people's stage 1 PT cruisers and none of them feel the way this PCM feels. Me sending it back and forth so many times fine-tuning it really paid off. The boost spikes higher, the boost holds higher throughoutt, throttle response is amazing. and on the transmission side of the tune that in and of itself totally change the car. The shifts are so much faster and crisper even the downshifts and everything it made the car a different animal. since building this PT cruiser years ago I've built other cars and when having them tuned I now have the tuner spend as much time tuning the transmission tables as they do the engine side. I never realized so much fun and driveability in performance could be gained from transmission tweaks

18. 06PTElectricBlue

Maybe that custom tuned PCM is why the people that had it, after you but while it got trashed, is why they drove it into the ground. They did what chuzz said and they drove it like they stole it. o_O:eek:

19. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Well oddly enough it was a early 30s age couple that bought it for me initially they drove it for a year or two and seems like they treated it okay. But at some point there 75 year old grandmother needed a car so they gave it to her and she drove it the last few years. And you know how it goes sometimes as people age their eyes aren't quite as sharp as they used to be. And that's when the neglect and the car wrecks and stuff really began lol.. I know when the pictures the car doesn't look past the point of repair but when you're standing in front of it there are things that can't be seen in pictures. It appears at some point they knocked the mirror off the door so it looks like they found a motorcycle mirror and duct taped it to the car LOL

20. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

I had previously but some nice kicker component speakers in the front doors. I went to pull the door panels off and get those speakers before the car goes to salvage. It appears someone had been in there while the car was in others hands. Not only was the mid-range totally unhooked and not working but every single electrical wire going to the door locks and mirrors etc had been cleanly cut. almost like somebody need to get in there to replace a window motor or do something. And instead of unplugging a couple of electrical connectors, they just took a pair of scissors and cut them LOL. Definitely a shake your head moment