AF: 2004 Turbo PT Cruiser part out. Some performance parts!!! | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 Turbo PT Cruiser part out. Some performance parts!!!

Discussion in 'Cars and parts - sell and swap' started by Cooper123, Jul 31, 2020.

1. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Todd, how can you resist an offer like this :)

And you're right next to Oklahoma, how much easier can it get :cool:

2. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

This is true ...from all my research I know I'm not gonna make back the 1200, I have invested in it. I know I'm gonna lose money if I want it outta my way fast. Make me an offer and take it away ..please lol

3. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Looks like it's a 5 hour trip..I'll buy lunch!

4. 06PTElectricBlue

You might regret this, Todd eats very expensive lunches, cause he brings his sweetie along :D:p

5. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Hey I'm a big old fat man, I'm used to spending a bunch of money to feed my fat [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms] LOL. Besides in my part of Oklahoma , everything is shut down because of Covid. Only places open to eat are the drive-thrus of the fast-food joints. It's getting old really fast

6. 06PTElectricBlue

Todd,

Please don't think that I'm trying to goad you into doing something you don't want to. And I know you probably don't need another car around your house. But if nothing else, someone really does need to save that hood from the scrap yard.

7. Handy_Cruiser

Level 2 Supporter

If only I had the time. If only I had the time....

You might want to consider removing the hood and spoiler before letting the salvage yard have it. We can list those for you on PT Cruiser links and someone will eventually buy them. The spoiler will net you $50 to $100, but that custom hood should likely net you several hundred if you can wait for a buyer. It's likely worth more than the entire car together.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  8. 06PTElectricBlue

The rims also, I would find a way to keep those. ;)

You can also try listing the stuff on Craig's List.

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
  9. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

I just listed the car on Craigslist we will see if there is any interest. The salvage yard said they would not take a car that missing body panels or wheels and tires. When I told them the headrests were missing and it had a big dent in the door you woulda thought the world was coming to an end. Lol...I'll see how to turns out , I might try selling some stuff on eBay is Craigslist doesn't pan out. Imo I don't expect a huge interest from Craigslist as all I've gotten since getting this car back is harassment...family friends neighbors even random people on the internet. There's not alot of love for the PT and quite a bit of hate lol
    I

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

There are also other junkyards usually... and at least I like the car!

11. 06PTElectricBlue

Handy_Cruiser likes this.
  12. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

13. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Ugh these salvage places are killing me lol

Attached Files:

14. 06PTElectricBlue

Don't feel bad, they only offered me $90 more for my PT, which I estimate to be in Kelley Blue Book, Excellent condition and should be around $2000, and I answered every one of their questions perfectly, as there is nothing wrong with my PT ;)

When you answer their questions, they act like they are CarMax or some other used car lot making vehicle offers, they basically want everything to be perfect on the car. ;)
    [​IMG]

15. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

Exactly if the car was running and in show room shape..would anyone really be sending it to salvage lol

16. Handy_Cruiser

Level 2 Supporter

I went ahead the bought the machined throttle body. Lots of other good parts there. Someone with some money and time should go after that hood and the exhaust system! They don't make that stuff anymore.

17. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

I'm going to be pulling other stuff this week like the floor mats in the rear spoiler oh, I might crawl underneath there and unbolt the 3-inch down pipe in the high-flow catalytic converter and the MagnaFlow exhaust. I'll probably take the hood off last just before it goes down the road to the scrap yard

18. 06PTElectricBlue

If Charlie was closer, it could make a perfect project PT for him ;)

chuzz likes this.
  19. Cooper123

Cooper123 Member

500 bux takes the car, title in hand. I'll leave everything on the car minus the airbox and ported throttle body. But I have a stock throttle body to mount on there. Put a timing belt,airbox and new cam sensor and replace the door and you'll have a driver...

20. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Man,I DO wish I had $500 and lived closer too.