Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 Pacifica liftgate

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by rustoleumm, Jan 12, 2018.

1. rustoleumm

rustoleumm New Member

I bought a used 2006 Pacifica base model without power liftgate. I cannot get the rear liftgate to open without using the inside emergency opening lever. Any suggestions? All the other doors work with the new remote key. The BCM or some other module has been replaced as mileage was 99k a few years ago and now reads 77K.
    Thanks

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. This could be an electrical or mechanical issue. Follow the liftgate fails to release-without power liftgate 'possible causes' and diagnostics beginning on p. 691 here:
    http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/...s/2004_CS_Pacifica/18636-cs-body_sgmldiag.pdf
    It could be the handle switch, latch motor, wiring, grounds or BCM. Liftgate connector pinouts/wire colors are shown on p. 1055. BCM connector pinouts are shown on p. 1019-1021. A simplified wiring diagram is shown on p. 1097.
    Non-PLG = without Power Lift Gate.

3. rustoleumm

rustoleumm New Member

Thanks I'll give it a try

4. rustoleumm

rustoleumm New Member

ImperialCrown I ran thru the the diagnosis and it appears that it is the BCMis the problem, but the manual advises against replacing the BCM. If I replace it what are the potential issues?
    Thanks

5. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

A major potential issue is your vehicle inheriting the configuration of the vehicle that a used or unknown BCM came out of. We are advised against swapping modules between vehicles, even if just for diagnostic purposes.
    Once the foreign module 'shakes hands' on the communications bus on your vehicle, your vehicle could become 'that' vehicle.
    In cases of factory alarm and SKIM security key options, this could render a chronic no-start or start/stall situation.
    In these cases, both the PCM and BCM would be 'infected' and require replacement with fresh unwritten modules. Then they would have to be initialized and configured at the dealer to become your vehicle.
    There is no way at the dealer level to reset or erase this new, learned configuration. If your vehicle doesn't have the factory VTSS alarm system, don't plug one in that does.
    There may be online vendors who will send you a pre-configured BCM according to your VIN, but I have had no experience in dealing with them. The best advice is not to just plug in an unknown module.