Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Aspen with Lifetime Powertrain warranty but getting charged for the 5year inspection?

Discussion in 'Dakota, 1998-2013 Durango and Aspen' started by jclick, Dec 28, 2017.

1. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

Took my Dad’s Aspen to the local dealer for the 5 year powertrain inspection. Was told it would be 180 dollars to do the inspection because Chrysler does not reimburse for doing them. Is this normal? It clearly states in the warranty that the inspections are no-charge. Has anyone else run into this and what can I do besides take the Aspen somewhere else?

2. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Shouldn't be any charge for the 5 year inspection so long as the inspection has been done every 5 years within a two month window of the in service anniversary date. I assume the first 5 year inspection was done in 2012 or 2013. The dealer should know this. Otherwise, it sounds like he is scamming you.

I'd bump this up to the service manager or GM. If they are of no assistance, call Chrysler's 800#.