AF: 2008 Patriot 2.4L Manuel Trans No Start | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Patriot 2.4L Manuel Trans No Start

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by stroudtom, Feb 14, 2014.

1. stroudtom

Level 2 Supporter

Hi, wife as above vehicle that was parked outside in mid 20 deg temps. She inserts key and motor rotates but does not fire. She tries several times with no results. After 10 mins of this she tries gas pedal movement and motor hits a few times then starts and runs fine. Vehicle has around 80k miles as well. Anybody have experience with this problem before.

Thanks in advance.
    Tom

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

3. stroudtom

Level 2 Supporter

Yep, fault code check is next when she gets in for lunch. Thanks for the link.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

No TSB's or factory STAR cases on cold hard start.
    There have been some PCM software updates since new, but none really address any hard start issues.
    How are the spark plugs? These have a 32,000 mile (50,000 km) change interval. They are not platinum.
    Use the factory recommended NGK ZFR5F-11 for best results.

5. stroudtom

Level 2 Supporter

She checked fault codes and there are none. Plugs are past 30k miles so I'll go there on new ones but I've seen 50k plugs with a large gap running so smooth you'd never now it. "No TSB's or factory STAR cases on cold hard start.", that's what I wanted to know. Thanks Imperial.