AF: 2009 Sebring conv. | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Sebring conv.

Discussion in '1995-2017 FWD Sedans, Coupes' started by andybuzz2u, Jan 18, 2020.

1. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

I own a 2009 Sebring Conv touring with the 2.7. As luck would have it the motor went into the normal rod nock syndrome and is out at the machine shop getting squared back up. A friend of mine recently had the bad luck of a 18-wheeler running over his Limited at work, the trailer wheels actually went over the trunk. I can acquire the Limited for cheap from the insurance company. Both the cars are the same color but with varying options. the Limited is toast as far as being road driven ever again. I just want to steal all the stuff off of it mine does not have like fog lights, heated seats, auto temp, auto headlights. Other than some wiring changes do I also need the instrument cluster and TPIM from the Limited to do this swap? Thanks in advance.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Yes and that could be problematic. A foreign TIPM (Gateway) will try to get your car to assume the identity of the car that it was configured for.
    Get the whole car as a donor. You might need items as an afterthought or undo things if it proves impossible.

3. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

At first, I was thinking that I was, after further inspection and wire chasing it appears that the wiring from the TIPM is there for every option, even the Euro leveling headlights and headlight washers, but missing on the forward harnesses. C11 at the TIPM has the wires for the fog lights, C108 has it on the male side but not on the female connector. The wire and connector is there on my car for the sun sensor, it was snapped in a blank cavity just in from of the sun sensor mount as well as the overhead IR sensor, and the donor car has the jumper so that is that. I triple checked those wires and they are all present. The blower motor module compared to the blower motor resistor wiring is confusing, not sure to spice or just pull tow dashes and swap the harness, would rather splice. LIN Bus is confusing, it runs with or separated from CAN Bus? It runs all over the place stops here, takes off here, wow! How do they expect anyone in the field to know this? From what I understand on the heated seat option, the driver's seat has the module that controls both driver and pass seat, but the diagram I have is about useless, here have a look, 151956806.jpg 151279346.gif

4. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

IMG_0880.JPG Does anyone know where to source these connectors at? The dealer just sells the whole terminal.

#4 andybuzz2u, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

I finally got around to finding out what causes the sliding seat in every Sebring and Avenger I have ever been in. Plastic bushings break and fall apart. Typical. My fix is going to be a stainless steel washer ground down to fit inside the track walls. IMG_0848.JPG IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0894.JPG

6. andybuzz2u

andybuzz2u Active Member

And if you are wondering why every seat in every FCA vehicle feels like your sitting on a bleacher bench with a small cushion, well you are. IMG_0902.JPG