Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 T&C ABS module

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by KOG, Nov 27, 2017.

1. KOG

KOG KOG
    Level 2 Supporter

Part #68053288AC. FSM indicates that this thing must have VIN stored. Does this mean that if I install it I have to have dealer program it? And, BTW, it appears to be just about impossible to service this thing where it's located buried next to a frame rail above the engine crossmember. Any trick to get to it other than to cut the frame rail out with a torch and scrap the car? FSM just says to unplug the connector to diagnose. I can't see any way to get enough room to unplug the connector. ???

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

This is a brand new module with the HCU o-ring kit? It may have to come off the mounting bracket to get more access. It will need the scan tool (WiTech or equivalent) to initialize, enter the VIN and run the Verification test. The ABS also controls the ESP traction and stability control. ESP may also need initialization/calibration steps performed.
    1. Hook up the scan tool to initialize the ABM and perform the following:
      1. Clear any faults.

2. Perform the ABS Verification Test and road test the vehicle. Refer to Brakes - Standard
        Procedure

3. KOG

KOG KOG
    Level 2 Supporter

I haven't bought a new module yet, attempting to run diagnostics per the FSM. Not thrilled about having to take it to dealer to program after installing a new one. As far as taking it off the mount, looks like the brake lines would have to come off to do that.

Just appears to be a real PITA all around. I have noticed that everybody and his brother seems to have these modules for sale so they must give trouble.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The brake lines can remain on the HCU and can allow for some gentle bending to move the unit slightly and gently bent back to reinstall.

5. KOG

KOG KOG
    Level 2 Supporter

I'll take yet another look at it, but it doesn't look easy so far.