AF: 2011 Compass ABS | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Compass ABS

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by bguy, Jan 28, 2020.

1. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Hi all. This is our 2011 Compass 4x4 w 2.4 engine and 129000 km. It has a fault code for the LR sensor performance. Sorry I don't recall the code number.
    I looked at it and the sensor appears fine as well as the harness. The problem is the clip that holds the sensor is rusted away. It also appears this clip is attached to and maybe part of the bearing and not the sensor. Can anyone confirm this and is there a part number for the clip or do I need the whole bearing?

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The ABS sensor is serviced with the wheel brng hub assembly. The harness clip is not serviced separately.
    If you are getting a fault code, replace the hub. It should come with the clip.

3. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

So I bit the bullet and replaced the LR hub. What a pain.
    So now I'm getting 2 more codes related to the RR. C1032 and C1044. Should I just replace the hub? The sensor is a little loose in the clip but the clip is still there. I unplugged the connecter in the spare tire well and got a C102B which is gone with the connector reattached.

4. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

C1032-RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL ERRATIC PERFORMANCE

SET CONDITION -

When the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) Signal is intermittently missing while vehicle speed is above 40 km/h (25 mph) or erratic wheel speed signal during acceleration or sensed wheel speed is different from other wheels.

C1044-RIGHT REAR TONE WHEEL PERFORMANCE

SET CONDITION -

When the Anti-Lock Brake Module detects periodic drops of a Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) signal.

For both codes you could have debris in the tone wheel or the tone wheel has a crack.

Code C102B indicates open circuit with the electrical connector separated. Reattach and complete the circuit and this code disappears. So this tells you circuit integrity to this RR wheel speed sensor is good.

5. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Here's my final report on this issue. At least for now.
    I replaced the RR hub bearing and the ABS issues seem to be gone. Also gone are the transmission issues such as erratic shifting and late shifting/high rpm. The trans wasn't really an issue until the codes for the RR appeared which leaves me to believe the RR sensor is more critical to the power train management system than the LR.
    Along with $100 each side for the bearings I needed brake mounting plates for each side. I tried to order the Left one from the dealer but at that time in August it was on permanent backorder so I went off with the part # (68159653AA) and ended up waiting 3 wk for it to come. $250 for that. it was something like 275+ from the dealer. On Monday I ordered the one for the Right from the dealer. It was supposed be on backorder til Oct 19 but it showed up today just 3 days later. Oddest this it was only $90 from the dealer # (68159652AA). I was convinced it would be the wrong part right up until I opened the box.
    One issue left with this machine and that's the cooling fan issue.