Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 ram 2500 hd 5.7 l 4 way flasher not working

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by fireater, Sep 14, 2017.

1. fireater

fireater Member

Can anyone help me out with a wiring diagram from hazzard switch to tipm?. the regular flashers work but not the 4 ways. i need to trace the wire to the tipm and I hope i dont need a new one!

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

It is a Wt/Br 'sense' wire from the Hazard switch to the TIPM.
    If you ground this wire to the body ground, the Hazards should flash.
    The switch contacts should be open when 'off' and closed when 'on'. You can test it with an ohmmeter.
    Since the Hazards are generally used so infrequently, the contacts in the switch can tarnish. Try cycling the Hazard switch on/off several times rapidly to see if it restores switch contact?

3. fireater

fireater Member

Tried on off lots. White / brown stripe. Goes all the way to the TIPM? OK. That helps. I don't suppose you would have a pic and connector pinout of the switch and the TIPM you could send? The Hazzard connector has 4 wires. On a side note the switch lights when depressed.

4. fireater

fireater Member

Found a broken wire !! it was in the middle of the rubber boot where the wires pass thru the firewall

dfarc, somber and ImperialCrown like this.