AF: 2012 Compass RES antenna | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Compass RES antenna

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by Don B, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Don B

Don B Member

I have a 2012 Compass that CD and Sirrius work fine, but AM & FM work at it's whim. On removal of the RES radio, I find the center pin in the radio's coaxial antenna connector was short (maybe pushed in) but I didn't think of that initially)- I tipped it a little too much and the pin has broken off now so I need a replacement 5 pin antenna connector (4 corners are mounting/ground and center is the signal. If anyone has a clue where I might obtain the connector, let me know. It is pictured in a blog entry, it is the white connector at the top of the last picture at :Working on the Chrysler RES stereos

#1 Don B, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2019
  2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The link to the pictures did not show.
    If it's the connector on the radio the simplest fix is probably going to be a new radio. These units shouldn't be too expensive.
    If it's the connector on the antenna cable, you may need to buy an adapter cable (like from Metra) and splice on the connector from it. I think Molex might service just the cable end but I'm not sure.