Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Dart Questions

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by Scott Johnson, May 5, 2016.

1. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

As previously posed, I have a 2013 Dart SXT. I am just now getting around to taking it in for the power brake recall and a host of other issues all of the sudden. The front end sounds worse than my 17 year old Ford Explorer with creaks, etc. and is getting worse. Also, I took it to the car wash last night and one of the employees broke the rod attachment on the passenger side visor. Much to my dismay, this caused the entire interior lighting system to fail. Was this a fuse failure, or a wiring issue? If it is a wiring issue, that is a big concern to me that a simple broken plastic part could cause such a failure. At this point, the biggest concern is the front end. Any thoughts?

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I have read vague reports of suspension noise and early wearout for 2013 Darts, but not specifics of what went wrong. I believe they did some redesign or different part sourcing for 2014 to fix it. Dealer might now.
    Sounds like a fuse blew from a shorted wire. Can't believe that the whole interior lighting is wired in series through a wire in a visor. Make the car wash pay for the repair.

3. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

I notified the car wash immediately after it happened they would be paying. I'm sure they will fight me, but I will fight back. So far, the dealer is saying they can't duplicate the front end creaking. That is crap. It happens every day. I will see what happens today.

4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

record it if you can; phone or otherwise. That'll help.

5. 76 Beeper

76 Beeper Active Member

I have a 2013 SXT too.
    Mine has the 1.4 with multi-air turbo along with a 6 speed stick. I love the car - no issues with it.
    Mine was built a little later than the recall dates for the brakes.

6. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Insist the service writer or tech ride with you.

Good luck with the claim with the car wash. Friend of mine got a batch of bad fuel at a local Fas Mart (there were other customers who did as well). He had to have the entire fuel system cleaned out. Filed a claim with the store. A year later he had yet to receive any money.

flffddy likes this.
  7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

76 Beeper. When I bought my SXT, the salesperson (at a dealership where I have purchased several cars), wanted me to have the 1.4T. After my experience with my 2011 Chevy Cruze, I opted for a NA engine. I lost two turbos in a year and a half in that car. I hope you have better luck! I trust Fiat/Chrysler made this a much better engine than the Chevy version.

8. 76 Beeper

76 Beeper Active Member

Scott, mine was dealer owned from day 1. I bought it with 22,000 kms (13,700 miles) on it . I was able to get a copy of the dealership internal maintenance record that was done on it.
    I was surprised that the spark plugs had to be changed twice within the 22k that was put on it. The owner of the dealership let his son drive it to college for a year (hence the 22k on it).
    I wonder if the kid ran it on regular gas instead of premium like it should have and if the dealership put regular oil in it compared to synthetic like it's called for.
    I priced out spark plugs for it - 50 bucks each!!!! yikes!
    So far it's been fine - mind you it has the proper 5W-40 Mobil 1 in it and now runs on the Shell 91 non-ethanol fuel.

9. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

That is crazy on the spark plugs. I use only Amsoil synthetic in my 2.0. The OEM oil is too expensive and is not as good.

10. 76 Beeper

76 Beeper Active Member

I've read about the new Pennzoil Platinum synthetic oil which uses a natural gas process.
    All the Chrysler dealership's in Ontario are using it for oil changes.
    Pennzoil Capture.JPG
    I also experimented with removing the inlet tube under the air box (where the air filter is located) man, did it ever wake up!
    But the downside is a groaning sound as you can hear the air going thru the air filter box.
    Wifey no like........so I put the inlet tube back on, but not before removing half the length of it.