AF: 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.4L manual transmission interchangeable with 2.0L? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.4L manual transmission interchangeable with 2.0L?

Discussion in 'Non-Mopar Tech Support' started by Havdaddy, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Havdaddy

Havdaddy Member

I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.4L VIN: JA32U8FW5DU013606 that has manual transmission (Mit part no: 2500A285) in it and it's shot. I'm looking for a replacement but all I seem to be able to find is one for the 2.0L engine. Are these interchangeable? Will the tranny from the 2.0L engine work with the 2.4L engine?

Appreciate any help.

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Is this the same 2.0L/2.4L Global WGE that is in the FCA and Hyundai vehicles?:

World Gasoline Engine - Wikipedia (at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Gasoline_Engine )
    or
    Mitsubishi 4B1 engine - Wikipedia (at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4B1_engine )

The bellhousing patterns may be the same, but the clutch, etc may be different. There will be final drive ratio differences as well. An interchange publication like Hollanders might give more information.
    If they are not a direct interchange, the Hollanders doesn't state why or say what can be changed to make it work. Trace the bellhousing pattern, count the # of input shaft splines and measure shaft width and length, etc.
    Looking at the reman catalog for the Chrysler 2.0L/2.4L automatic and CVT transaxles, they have final drive ratio and possibly torque rating differences, but may also 'bolt-in' OK with the same external dimensions.