Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Dodge Charger R/T MAX AWD Sport:

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by redriderbob, May 23, 2016.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I haven't been on here much as of lately, because I finally bought one my dream cars. I picked up a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T Max AWD Sport last Thursday. It was really hard to find a R/T Max with the AWD Sport package. There are only three options the car doesn't have from the factory, radar cruise control, heated steering wheel, and navigation (which I will eventually upgrade the RA3 for navigation).

So far, I have been busy upgrading the car. I replaced all the lighting with LED lights (except the front fogs and high beams thus far. The LED fogs are coming today and I am upgrading the high beams to Silverstars this weekend. I have to get the front windows tinted darker as well. I cut the mid-mufflers off and it sounds a lot better. I have been looking at the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system, but it will wait till later this summer. I have the tint for the rear taillights and sidemarkers coming this week. GTS headlight covers are on the way too. I received my Z Automotive tazer this weekend and the car now has the SRT EVIC and Performance Pages, it also now has total ESC and Traction Control disable available, fogs stay on when high beams are on, and the car is currently running in Forced RWD settings. I purchased Mopar slush mats, Mopar door sill guards and a weather tech trunk mat. I ordered carbon fiber mirror covers and carbon fiber door trim covers too.

I am currently looking at purchasing an AIRRAID intake system and getting a billet technologies oil catch can. Other than that, the car is almost the way I want it. I will be posted lots more video and pictures soon.

MPE426HEMI and wtxiceman like this.
  2. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

Congratulation Bob..

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

SRT EVIC and Performance Pages have been uploaded.

5. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

Are you planning to keep the engine stock or bolt some stuffs on?

6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Airraid cold air intake and probably a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system later this summer. That's about it for now. We shall see after a year goes by.

Mopar392 likes this.
  7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Ended up going with a Mopar cold air intake and I am leaving the exhaust stock without the mid-mufflers. The car sounds a lot louder with that combination and isn't too crazy loud.

As you can see, I have the Z Automotive tazer for my car. The car is now programmed into "Force RWD" mode now. It also has line-lock which I tried out this past weekend and it has programed to a full off for ESP, traction and ABS mode. Amazing piece of equipment for $250.

The car is in getting the rear window re-tinted and the driver and passenger side windows tinted as well today. Its also getting an exterior detail for the CEMA show this weekend. I painted the engine cover to mirror the 1970 426 HEMI decals. After CEMA, I plan on getting the sidemarkers and rear tail lights painted to darken them. Has anyone used VHT Nightshades? I am curious about either that or paint.

Attached Files:

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

9. desavona

desavona Active Member

Looks good Bob. Is that the pitch black or tri-black?

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

PAU - Granite Crystal Metallic

valiant67 likes this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

A beautiful color!

redriderbob likes this.
  12. TRaceR

TRaceR Well-Known Member

Looks nice! I have a 2013 Granite Crystal R/T Max Plus RWD. How did you get the SRT computer upgrade? Also, what is yhe source for the LED fogs? Are you happy with them?

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Z Automotive Tazer for the SRT stuff. It also allows me to do a number of features on the car. Linelock, forced RWD, fulltime AWD or normal AWD mode. Lightshow. Complete ESP and Traction Control off, as well as many other features.

The LED fogs are JDM ASTAR leds. I replaced everything in the car with JDM ASTARs minus the headlights. I love their stuff and very affordable too.

TRaceR likes this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Car now has the Scat Pack Stage 1 kit installed.

wtxiceman likes this.
  16. TRaceR

TRaceR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips! I will investigate.

17. James A

James A Active Member

I really love all the upgrades man. LED's are awesome! Is the "Max" the equivalent to the "Road and Track Pack" on the current models? I've driven both an RT Plus and the R&T pack and the R&T was awesome... The plus didn't feel much more powerful than my 13' SXT... Does the R&T or Max have a different tune? I've read it does but only from one source. If so does it just disable traction and stability or more? I keep seeing reviews where the Max and R&T get quicker 0-60 times than a standard RT... I'm wondering how much of a diff the scat pack upgrades make also... I ask of course because I'm planning a purchase and I'd like to have my info straight to compare against the potential refresh/replacement in a year or so... Thanks man!

18. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

No different tune, but I believe the rear axle ratios are different, probably 2.65 on an R/T and 3.06 with Max and R&T packages. (may not be exactly the same every year)

James A likes this.
  19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

My Granite car is actually a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD Sport (I am only missing three options heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control and navigation). I also have a white 2014 Dodge Charger R/T Max AWD which has every option as well expect paddle shifters which my Plus has. The AWD cars already have the same rear gear as the R/T Road & Track cars. Both have the same tune. R/T Max means it has every option, R/T Plus doesn't. Standard R/T models have a lower rear gear thats why they are slower.

James A likes this.
  20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

My Granite car is actually a 2014 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD Sport (I am only missing three options heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control and navigation). I also have a white 2014 Dodge Charger R/T Max AWD which has every option as well expect paddle shifters which my Plus has. The AWD cars already have the same rear gear as the R/T Road & Track cars. Both have the same tune. R/T Max means it has every option, R/T Plus doesn't. Standard R/T models have a lower rear gear thats why they are slower.

James A likes this.