AF: 2014 ram 2500 diesel problem | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 ram 2500 diesel problem

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by zack340, Feb 24, 2015.

1. zack340

zack340 New Member

Hello allpar,
    I bought a 2014 ram 2500 with the cummins diesel. I was wondering if anyone was experiencing any problems stalling in cold weather? Mine has been in the shop since January 14th . It's now February 24th . My dealer has done a PMC update twice , cleaned out the fuel lines . Replaced the fuel pump , change a sensor or two still the problem remains. Oh I forgot to say that my truck only has 5000 miles on it. ​

2. KOG

KOG KOG

3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Not really enough information here for a diagnosis or guess. Are there any fault codes?
    There have been some EGR coolers leaking coolant into the intake on heavy-work trucks?
    Fuel quality? Is it sub-zero temperatures where you are?
    Since they've replaced the fuel pump and cleaned the lines, they may the thinking a fuel problem?
    Was there garbage found in the pump or lines?

4. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

How Cold?
    Sounds like diesel fuel troubels to me.

5. zack340

zack340 New Member

About 20 degrees or so. The dealer tested the fuel and came back fine.

6. tazdevil

tazdevil Member

At that temperature, #2 diesel is fine. It sounds to me like the intake heaters are not operating.

7. KOG

KOG KOG

Something else is going on here. I still suspect the fuel. It shouldn't have happened, but it's not impossible that you got some warm weather fuel. Intake heaters should not be an issue at 20 degrees, once it's running it should continue to run with no problem even if the heaters aren't working. My older ones will crank at 10 degrees with no intake heat.

8. Jerry Simcik

Jerry Simcik Well-Known Member

Silly question, but are you allowing the truck to sit with the key on, engine off until the pre-heater light goes off? This is overlooked far too often.

9. zack340

zack340 New Member

I usually I use the remote start and let the truck warm up for about 5 to 10 minutes. Also it's happened once I'm driving . Could be going 70 on the highway it stalls out. The dealer is shooting in the dark on this issue.

10. KOG

KOG KOG

Pretty much got to be fuel waxing when cold. You can try a cold weather additive.

11. zack340

zack340 New Member

I use power service when it's cold out.