AF: 2015 200's are here! | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 200's are here!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, May 16, 2014.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

[​IMG]

Well "a" 200 is here...But they are coming. Yesterday we received our first 2015 200s. A beautiful midsized sedan. 295hp pentastar v6 "S" complete with paddle shifters.

The Good:::
    Its a handsome sedan no doubt about it. The first thing I noticed was how comfortable the leg room was in the driver seat. My legs used to rub against the door on the previous generation ....no more. The complaints about ingress/ egress into the rear are legit. If you are not careful you will end up with a concussion. However once in the back headroom feels quite roomy. I LOVE the center console with the sliding cup holder compartment one word BRILLIANT. The new steering wheel looks and feels incredible and the interior quality is at an all time high. Under normal driving the 200 is nice and quiet. As has been said the "growl" that you hear under acceleration is IMHO quite pleasing.

The Bad: My biggest gripe still is not having a version of the 8.4 STANDARD on C and S. Making the 8.4 only available with navigation is a BIG MISTAKE!!!! I don’t mind the 5.0 radio on the Ltd and Lx but on a 27k 200...its just plain wrong (I am sure this is a supply issue....) But I have to say to the big guys in charge.....GET IT TOGETHER GUYS >>>>>

The Ugly::::
    The car is pricy..... this bare bone S has a sticker of $27,460k(no leather, no high tech toys,no moon roof, no back up camera, most importantly the weak 5.0 radio......

[​IMG]

If we want to compete......the VALUE has to be obvious..... Remember we are carrying the baggage of negative quality and content perception of decades.... Even if it was only for the first year...... The value content should have been crazy high. Once people fall in love with the product you can raise the price. The good radio and back up camera should be STANDARD on 200's above the Ltd. I also think the using the "limited" name for a model which is basically a "touring is a HUGE mistake. Chrysler owners have owned "limited" models in the past and they will be put off my this usage of the term. Yes...... I know its up to the Salesman to show them the differences between models but it is just an unnecessary obstacle for us to have to overcome.

2. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

I look forward to customers reactions. Keep us posted when you get some feedback. Thanks

Paul J. Reed likes this.
  3. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Sweet! - Agreed with the 8.4.

4. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

That sticker price is right in line with similarly equipped competitors.....

5. JoshMHam

JoshMHam Member

That's $3k less than Fusion Titanium with no options checked.

6. hmk123

Level III Supporter

The 8.4" is such a great experience. They need to use its strength for their sales. I agree. The 200S and C should have it standard! Great car though!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. CDJSalesPro

actually its not......a quick click to the Honda site and you will see that an Accord EX 4cyl starts at 24,880 and while that is close to our 200s 4cyl..... it offers as STANDARD 8"touch screen, Rearview Camera with Guidelines,One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature,Honda LaneWatch™, oh yea lastly its a HONDA.....

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/price.aspx?Model=CR2E7EJW

floridaman2013 likes this.
  8. abgwin

abgwin Well-Known Member

Aren't backup cameras going to be required by law soon anyway? Way to miss an opportunity to get ahead of the game.

CDJSalesPro likes this.
  9. Yawman99

Yawman99 Active Member

Looking around at several dealerships in my area, it seems like the 200S is the primary model being shipped right now. I'd like to see more Limited's and 200c's. I realize that they are just shipping but more variety is necessary.

And I agree with others. 8.4" non-nav units should be available on Limited and standard on S and C.

10. CDJSalesPro

11. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Agree 100% on the use of "Limited".
    It wasn't that long ago that "Limited" was the top of the line, now it means "Base" and base was changed to "Sport".
    How about we pretend the consumer has an IQ above room temp and gain some equity by keeping the trim levels consistent?

12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

It's a MANUAL transmission Honda.

Chrysler 200 Limited 9sp auto $23,255
    Honda Accord EX CVT $25,680

wtxiceman likes this.
  13. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

Additionally, as noted, that Honda is a 4 cyl. I optioned out a 200S with Standard 3.6 with the comfort group (a $795 option) for $27,830. That's a premium of $2950.00. However, you get heated seats, steering wheel, rear back-up camera aaaannnnndd remote start among others. And again, that's for one of the most powerful and efficient engine/transmission combo in the segment.

It seems, the sky is not yet falling. It is priced accordingly.

14. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Yeah...

"Limited" is a mid-level Grand Cherokee

"Limited" is a top of the line Town & Country

15. CDJSalesPro

OK...and why are u compareing a Limited....which is kinda the base this year...to the EX... better comparison to Accord Sport (with CVT) to our S (which also has back up camera and a 8" screen STANDARD) http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/build-price/trims.aspx?ModelID=CR2E5EEW&ModelName=Accord%20Sedan&ModelYear=2014&EColor=NH-731P&IColor=BK

Did u guys forget I do this for a living....lol

Dont get me wrong I think the 200 is awesome it just needs some tweaking(packaging) and marketing

Understand something when the cars are equipted identically and Honda is within 500......HONDA wins....

back up camera and 8" radio is STANDARD even on the Accord LX.............

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/build-price/trims.aspx?ModelID=CR2E5EEW&ModelName=Accord%20Sedan&ModelYear=2014&EColor=NH-731P&IColor=BK
    Accord Sedan LX
    185-hp (SAE Net), 2.4-Liter, 16-Valve, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with Direct Injection

• 6-Speed Manual Transmission
    • Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) (available)
    • Eco Assist™ System
    • Hill Start Assist
    • ULEV-2/PZEV CARB Emissions Rating[2]
    • 16-Inch Alloy Wheels
    • Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control[3]
    • Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) II Body Structure
    • Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control with Air-Filtration System
    • i-MID with 8-Inch High-Resolution WVGA (800x480) Screen and Customizable Feature Settings
    • Rearview Camera with Guidelines
    • Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®[4]
    • SMS Text Message Function[5]
    • Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Cruise, Audio, Phone and i-MID Controls
    • 160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System with 4 Speakers
    • Pandora® Compatibility[6]
    • Bluetooth® Streaming Audio[4]
    • USB Audio Interface[7]
    • MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
    • Security System with Remote Entry
    • Chrome Door Handles
    • Chrome Exhaust Finisher

16. CDJSalesPro

Honda Accord LX(cvt) $23,545 .....again with back up camera and 8"radio and CD standard......

17. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

He did that, because you compared a 200S (3.6 V6/9 spd auto standard), with that same Accord EX (with a 4 cyl and a manual).

Either way, an Apples to Apples comparison cannot be made between these two trims. The Accord may have it in content, but the 200S has the bigger (and my personal beilef; better) engine/tranny combo. And as a salesman of 15+ years, you know that with bigger engines, comes bigger pricetags, sometimes regardless of what creature comforts are offered.

DDK likes this.
  18. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I understand that there is a temporary shortage of the 8.4 units.

PS> You are a sales pro so I won't argue much with you, but my guess is that the difference has to be more than $500 to tip the balance from Honda to Chrysler. Hell, even getting someone to look at a Chrysler is hard...

dfarc likes this.
  19. CDJSalesPro

and while we call the 3.6 standard....it is a $1950 option...
    and not offering similar STANDARD equiptment is a problem....

20. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Can we stop yelling at one another with the super large text and colored formats? :)

Mike

DDK and cinque35 like this.