AF: 2015 200's are here! | Page 21 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 200's are here!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, May 16, 2014.

1. PCRMike

PCRMike Well-Known Member

Actually, 2% is one of fifty, not two hundred. Interesting though, nonetheless.

2. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Just noticed that the cool signature LED DRL's are an option on the 200.($785)
    the standard cars have the headlight accents but they are not as brite nor do they operate as DRL's
    Dissapointing :closedeyes:

[​IMG]

3. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I'd rather they Pay Me for driving round their nameplate. That's cost-free advertising basically on my dime.
    { What better endorsement is there than to show that someone plopped the money on their product? }
    And on top of that I don't get a J-Truck.

4. CDJSalesPro

huh? you lost me on that one.

5. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Are they standard in Canada? --since DRLs are required by law there

6. geraldg

Ad-Free Member

Sorry I saw the commercial on TV and it looks like all the rest, if it didn't have a nameplate on it I would not have known what brand it was. The 300 had a unigue style the 200 doesn't.

jimboy likes this.
  7. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

You mentioned signature. He wants to be paid to drive around with Walter's signature on his car... ;)

8. JavelinAMX

MoparNorm is right ... I'm buying the car, but WPC (FCA) is getting advertising. Companies normally pay for advertising; and since the nameplate and the logo is being exposed to hundreds of thousands of other drivers on all the roadways I travel on it clicks with people in the market. I've done the good thing for them, I'd like them to give me some skin. { That's the best form of advertising : subtle, never limited to a 15 or 30-second spot; way longer than a Superbowl ad and the viewer cannot turn the channel . And if there is a significant traffic jam, it's as long as an informercial}

Instead of cash - which would be great - how 'bout a Gladiator / J12 / Nukizer / Brute / < insert cool model name here >

I would trade the DRL on the 200 for J12 or Brute. Just being cynical.

But I was teasing. I have a peculiar brand of humor - and I'm fully aware of how odd it is.

MoparDanno likes this.
  9. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Over time it evens out... ;)

10. scatpack_69

scatpack_69 Active Member

I drove a Vivid Blue 200S today, loved it. The back seat...yep. While I didn't find it particularly difficult to get in (I'm 6'1" or 6'2") I did have to duck my head a good deal. And when I sat upright my head hit the roof. I wouldn't want to spend a ton of time back there, the roofline will certainly be an issue for folks with older/taller people that regularly ride in the back (i.e. no kids).

Other than that, no complaints. The seat almost didn't go back far enough for me to get comfortable but I got it comfy enough all the way back. Daughter had TONS of leg room back there. Drives nice, plenty of power from the Pentastar, trans seemed great.

I would love to have one, cut back on the fuel expense the truck racks up.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. JavelinAMX

Hope they sell a million of 'em.

But it's bothersome to know it's barely out the starting gate and the Book on this car is the rear passenger area, unless you're hauling no one taller than approximately 5 foot 8. I haven't yet heard what physique is off-limits (weight/build) - only height.

If it works for you, great :)

12. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom New Member

I thought I'd add my bit on the new 200. I got to drive one the other day, it was the darker red metallic, a 200S. It had the 3.6, which impressed me by averaging over 27 mpg on my test drive. I admit that I find the rear a bit tight after adjusting the front seat so I'm comfortable, but I'd say that about a lot of its direct competition. Other than that I'd either wish that the 200S were available with interiors that weren't mainly black. If they really did provide the 200C with softer suspension settings, it really wasn't necessary, with 19s, the ride was pretty decent. Simply, if I find myself replacing the Passat I currently own, this is on the list.

UN4GTBL and dfarc like this.
  13. scatpack_69

scatpack_69 Active Member

I love the center console, the under-cupholder storage is a great idea IMO, as is the pass-through portion between the footwells which looked large enough to fit an iPad or similar, if one didn't load their music on a USB drive that would be an ideal place to put it.

Seats were plenty comfy, I could see myself spending hours in them. Were I to buy, I would have to take an extended test-drive, as I'm not 100% sure the seat moved far enough back for me to be perfectly comfortable for long-term like I am in my truck and I'm positive the Charger would have sufficient seat travel. I'm a big fan of the exterior and interior styling on the 200 though, the Vivid Blue is hands down one of the best blues I've ever seen. The black/blue interior was very nice as well, I prefer the darker interiors myself.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

So the LED DRLs) are only included with the "Premium Lighting Group" on the S & C models then?

That's disappointing.

I wonder how it plays out up here?

15. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Jeff Hammoud, in his CEMA show presentation, made note of that "Premium Lighting Group" option several times.

16. CDJSalesPro

I just think its a shame that they decided not to make them standard. The lights are distinctive and draw your eyes attention to the car. Its like every one on the road is a rolling advertisement. People see them from a distance and are like "wow thats the new 200" without it it kinda blends in with the traffic.....

MoparNorm and UN4GTBL like this.
  17. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

18. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

Kind of like the racetrack lights not being standard on the Dart? Another stupid omission

Paul J. Reed, PCRMike and UN4GTBL like this.
  19. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I was going to say this too.

20. Mopar AL

Mopar AL Member

All of that is part of that keeping the base price in line. Can't complain of too high of starting price is you are putting everything that you are putting on your premium levels along on the base. Also it is a way to set your premium models off from your basic models. This has been happening since the 60's when I first got into cars and their styling. As an option it give a chance to improve the profit margins. I have a suspicion that a majority of the dealers order their 200S&C models with this option , both for looks and for markup.