AF: 2015 200's are here! | Page 22 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 200's are here!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, May 16, 2014.

1. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Unfortunately you would be wrong about that. Dealers try to order their cars with the options that they think their customers want most. Adding options like premium light pkgs for an additional $795 might make you loose a sale to a competitor. As for the markup angle....in that extra $795 options there is barely $100 dollars worth of markup .Hardly an incentive for dealers to just simply order . The problem is the majority of customers will think that the DRL's are standard.(every picture ever taken shows them) Linking the DRL's (a safety feature) to the HIDS in my opinion is a mistake.

PCRMike likes this.
  2. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Kind of like the Dart racetrack taillights...again

However, I bet most won't know or care.

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Speaking of racetrack tail lights, I've always been surprised the Charger didn't have a non-racetrack fleet option for all those police cars.

4. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Went for an oil change to my dealership this morning and saw the 200 in the flesh for the first time.

It is one handsome sedan. The rear looks very Audi-ish; although the car seems a bit small compared to other midsize sedans. The interior is modern and up-to-date. Overall, a very elegant and contemporary package!

JA Cumbo, PCRMike and UN4GTBL like this.
  5. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

I spent an hour in a 200 Limited Monday. Amazing car. The metallic red looks great on it. Wished it had the v6, but I think the 2.4 is more than adequate for 95% of my driving.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. CDJSalesPro

Just finished a ride and drive comparison of the 200 . I was really impressed at how much quieter it is than the competition. The Camry really is just a shell of its former self. It felt the cheapest and was easily the loudest car in the group. It(the Camry) had the the most spacious rear seat. but that was about it. The 200 IMHO outclassed them all in interior quality and ergonomics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

dfarc, GasAxe, UN4GTBL and 3 others like this.
  7. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

That was honestly one of the worst training classes/ride & drives I have been to... Incredibly boring and very little information truly given out. First time in a long time that I felt like I completely wasted a day going to a training event.

8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I was stunned at the last Camry I drove. It was like going from a Camry into a 1988 Hyundai Excel.

9. CDJSalesPro

I agree...lol....
    but it was good to be able to drive and compare the competition back to back. Yea, the presentation of information was terrible.....How about the towing of the big tire to show the ability of AWD....that was horrible!!!.lol

10. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Well-Known Member

Having not driven one yet, how would you both honestly say it compared to the Fusion? I personally really like the Fusion's interior and drive quality.

11. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

Visited my small town dealer today and he had four in stock, but had yet to sell any. He was disappointed in the interest shown by the floor traffic. The one on the floor was a white 200C, fairly well optioned, and stickered at a bit over $31k with no dealer add-ons or markups.

Mostly it's nice, but I hated the black interior, especially with the small windows and "snug" interior that helped create a gloomy feeling. The dash is the nicest feature, and the seats are comfortable, but the headrests are too intrusive and force my head forward. They would have to be adjusted. The console configuration was not meant for my use, but it was okay, though the super console in my '11 T&C was far nicer.

Because of the complaints I've read, I tried the back seat. I had no problem at all at 5'11", 175 lb, and 73 years old. Once inside, the seats were very comfortable and the headroom was adequate.

Overall, it's an improvement over the previous model, but the interior feels too constraining for my taste, and at about two tons, it's quite porky for such limited room. No doubt it's competitive, especially with that great 3.6 engine, but it didn't interest me enough to want a test drive. It's yet another 4-door transportation special...pleasant looking, but with no stand-out features or styling. If they come up with a convertible, or even a 2-door coupe, I might change my opinion...if they offer some light and cheerful interior colors.

For now, we'll be content with my '14 T&C Limited and my wife's '14 200 hardtop convertible.

jimboy likes this.
  12. CDJSalesPro

I liked the Fusions interior. Its NOT as nice as the 200's but it was still pretty good IMHO as good as the Altima and better than Toyota and Honda. The biggest shortcomming for the the Ford is its MySync.....
    http://www.syncsucks.com/

It really cant compete with the Uconnect 8.4n.....

and lastly if you want performance no V6 for you.......Ecoboost is ok but it aint no 295hp Pentastar V6

To Fords good....They do have a hybrid and I believe a plug in hybrid version.

13. aldo90731

IMO, Ford's new interiors look good from far, but far from good when you get up lose. They prefer to over-style with fake silver plastic everywhere but then cover everything in different shades of drab gray.

I have never driven a Camry, but I drive Corollas and Yaris whenever I travel for work: they do feel very cheap and grossly underpowered. The Corolla in particular can be scary to drive on the freeway: the suspension feels unstable and the braking is not safe-inspiring.

One of my favorite rentals was the prior generation Nissan Altima: it actually felt lithe, nimble, surefooted, and was surprisingly peppy and roomy. The new Altima, like the new Fords, have acres of fake trim that looks tacky, and that CVT is just absolutely horrid to drive and painful to listen to.

14. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

The Mythbusters thing? Yeah, awful.

15. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

I don't think they're going to start moving until the cheaper models come online and the advertising is out there in full force.

16. abgwin

abgwin Well-Known Member

I've had a few Camry rentals and several Fusions.

The current Camry interiors are terrible. Hard plastic everywhere, with random shapes and controls. The only thing that worked well was the Bluetooth music streaming (it actually synced itself and began playing on its own!). Seemed to have a fair amount of power, but felt coarse with a lot of noise compared to speed.

The Fusion rentals have been Titanium trim level, with all the bells and whistles. At first blush, they look very nice but they show fingerprints BADLY, enough that I was cleaning the screens daily. I had to continually prod the engine to keep up with San Jose traffic; it was very tiring to drive during rush hour and SYNC was irritating.

I finally saw a 200 in person, a 200S with full blackout trim. Much more presence in person than I expected, and no resemblance to a Fusion at all, even in profile. Especially from the rear, it's a good looking car and far less derivative than it looks in pictures. Hoping to drive one soon.

17. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

We have had a few through, but I havent had a chance to look/sit/see one up close ( we are in 3 buildings spread across 3 blocks... )

I was walking through the lower shop, and one of the techs had a 200C in for PDI. I didnt get a chance to sit in it, but I did open it up and look at it thoroughly. I like it. Its very good looking in person. Interior is "snug". Very cockpit feeling in the way that you are isolated and encapsulated, but that is the ongoing trend in interiors. I did open the rear door all the way up, and had a thought about getting in, but I am far from small ( 5-10 290 lbs ) and I just didnt see a way that I was going to get in that backseat that didnt require a crane of some sort LOL. Especially with the front seat set for the 6'4" tech.

Overall nice, and if I bought it I wouldnt care as much about the back seat, but I dont know that I would want to ride back there for long....

18. browens1534

browens1534 Well-Known Member

The current Camry rides like almost like an early 90s Buick, and that's not good.. I was the first person to rent the 2014 SE I had when my car was totaled... My 100k Sebring drove better..

19. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to see a 200 in the flesh, on the road. A few times I thought I had seen one, when it turned out to be an Elantra.

I'm still disappointed that the rear seat ingress/egress is what it is - in many things, I'm very, very aware of the Maxim : Form Follows Function .

That rear seat thing takes some of the lustre off the launch. But I'll check one out on a dealer lot at my first opportunity.

20. browens1534

browens1534 Well-Known Member

I window peeped one with the non touchscreen radio the other night.. Didn't look right. The other 2 looked awesome with the UConnect 5.0. All 3 were Limiteds with about a $25,700 sticker. The Velvet red, I'm in love! It's BEAUTIFUL! It even glistens under the lights at night.