AF: 2015 200's are here! | Page 23 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 200's are here!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by CDJSalesPro, May 16, 2014.

1. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

This I must agree.

JA Cumbo likes this.
  2. JA Cumbo

JA Cumbo Enjoying the ride.
    Supporter

I love the color too:
    [​IMG]

3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Well-Known Member

Saw my first one this evening; a 200C AWD. Beautiful, beautiful car. From the outside, it didn't look that much bigger than the Dart, but this car has massive presence that the Dart (and honestly most 300s) doesn't have; the design is outstanding. It was all black inside though, with the wood trim and a contrasting stitch that matched. I had to take a picture of the Monroney, because it was just over $40 grand Canadian!!!

Jackratchett likes this.
  4. Jackratchett

Level III Supporter

Also just saw my first 200 and it was AWD as well. Very nice but it seems like it is missing something to really make it stand out. I would buy one, not at over $40 grand though. How does the top of the line, lets say AWD compare in price to other makes?

5. redhed

Level III Supporter

drove a 200c the other day after getting off work. exterior/interior styling look good to my eyes. materials inside seem at least a couple generations ahead of the replaced model and at least on par with competition if not ahead. keep in mind i currently drive a 2012 regal. back to the 200... plenty of front seat room for this 250lb 6'1" frame that is mostly torso. didn't get in the back seat but it looks at least comparable to my regal...which means it's probably a bit tight. ride was quiet with less suspension "clomp" than my regal. the powertrain was smooth and responsive and generally pleasing. let's just say i was fairly impressed overall. :)

6. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Checked out a decently equipped S at our local dealer. I have to say the blue "wood" accents looked like the molded plastic they are. Reminded me of the fake wood in playskool toys. Aside from that, it's very nice; no more Beats Audio, I noticed. It feels like a lower slung dart. Didn't drive it, but it was the v6 with fwd I think. The bf fit (at 6'4" mostly leg and torso at 260lbs), he probably would not have for behind himself though. I think those pillars make it feel smaller than the dart. I like the storage in the console/slider though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not my pictures, just reference to what I'm talking about. The bottom pic is closer to the interior we sat in.

7. redhed

Level III Supporter

one other thing i did notice was that the windshield is tilted back quite a bit and with the big rear view mirror it seemed like you were sorta looking through a slit rather than a nice big windshield. not enough of a distraction to keep from liking the vehicle but something some folks probably won't like because of a seeming lack of visibility. the a pillars are pretty thick but so are my regal's so i sorta have adapted my brain for that.

8. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

beats has only been available on the Charger and 300. The 200 had Boston Acoustics.

9. oharman

oharman Well-Known Member

I got the chance to drive one the other evening. I really liked the ride and the interior was very nice and very quiet on the road. The seats were really comfortable and the material is probably the best I've seen in a Chrysler product in quite some time. I did "try" to get into the back seat just for grins and it was pretty tight for me (I'm on 5'11").

The roofline makes it tough to get in and the seats seem to sit a bit higher as well. I don't normally ride in the back seat of my cars, but I do go back there when I'm cleaning out the car. I can see that it would be a bit difficult to get in there. Of course, YMMV...

Overall, it's a very well put-together car and I liked everything except the back seat. If I were to buy a new car, it would be the Charger for me.

10. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Ty for the correction, I thought it all s-model Chryslers.

On another note; the dart isn't much smaller in size. It makes me wonder if they might upsize it when they redo it in '16. Or at least market it as a midsize, just insert SRT or idk.. They're supposed to be 4s in the dart, so who knows. It was just a thought.

11. browens1534

browens1534 Well-Known Member

The Dart isn't hard for me to get in and out of.. I'm 5'8, torso. The 200 is defiantly bigger inside after sitting in one at NAIAS and Chicago. The 200 has good head room upfront, and I brush the roof in the Dart with a sunroof... My parents don't have this problem with mom at 5'2 and dad at 5'5. I have yet to sit in the back of a 200, but I will Thursday when I get my transmission replaced in my Patriot. I will say after 27k miles, multiple PCM flashes and a new DDCT my parents Dart drives like a freakin rocket!

12. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Interesting, you are not driving a MOPAR, but you keep spending time at a MOPAR site.....

13. AutoTechnician

AutoTechnician Well-Known Member

Why is that interesting? I'm a member of various Ford, GM and Chrysler forums - despite not currently owning a product from any of them. I have owned one in the past, however, and perhaps will in the future, too.

LXbuilder likes this.
  14. So for you Opel Insignia/Buick Regal has the same off look as new 200? For me Opel Insignia is best looking D-segment car in Europe but comes with some drawbacks. It has similar wheelbase length as Chrysler 200 but it's interior is smaller than some cars with 2 and a half inch shorter wheelbase such as a Škoda Octavia which is C-segment car although big C-segment. But major drawback with Insignia/Regal is rear seat head-room. I don't know if new 200 has even less rear head-room than Regal. What I saw on pictures the most comparable car to new 200 is Regal. If new 200 is lacking in interior space that's only designers fault and have nothing with platform it's using.

caine440 likes this.
  15. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

What's "Interesting" about it? He is a Mopar Dan and in 2012 he needed a midsized car....and choose to buy the Buick. ..which I'm my opinion was the better car that year. Now we have something competitive that he is interested in . He is like many Jeep previous owners who strayed to other brands when we were building the KK. We can't expect our good customer to continue to buy our product. ...blindly because they like or love our brands.

16. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

It's not getting a full re-do in 2016, just a refresh. So I seriously doubt it will be getting any bigger.

17. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

It's a pretty major re-do....... new front and rear fascias, new engines and transmissions, new infotainment systems.......

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Saw one on the road last night in Kitchener/Waterloo area. Looked really good...completely surprised me when I saw it. Looked great in motion.

19. willy4110

willy4110 Well-Known Member

USA TODAY did a test drive on the 200 and called it "sweetly dissappointing". I was rather surprised by some of their critical comments.

20. redhed

Level III Supporter

shouldn't be that interesting. i've owned three LH cars and one ram truck. just haven't had any recent chrysler products, but might in the future! :thumbsup: