Allpar Forums banner

2015 300?

99K views 562 replies 92 participants last post by  HotCarNut 
#1 ·
#7 ·

Not even close, the next 300 will use some styling cues from the much loved Chrysler 200C EV Concept though. Chrysler had so many 2015 200 prototypes running around at one point, some of the high mileage testers still have their original camo on them. I see them every once in a while around the Rochester Hills area near Crooks Road.

There are a few HFE 2015 200 models out there. However, the ones I have seen wheel covers with data instruments coming from the center of the wheel caps. What looks to be 17" wheels. Camo just over the front end and a very small lip spoiler on the rear of the trunk lid, similar to the new 2015 Dodge Charger R/T spoiler.

#10 ·
redriderbob said:

Not even close, the next 300 will use some styling cues from the much loved Chrysler 200C EV Concept though. Chrysler had so many 2015 200 prototypes running around at one point, some of the high mileage testers still have their original camo on them. I see them every once in a while around the Rochester Hills area near Crooks Road.

There are a few HFE 2015 200 models out there. However, the ones I have seen wheel covers with data instruments coming from the center of the wheel caps. What looks to be 17" wheels. Camo just over the front end and a very small lip spoiler on the rear of the trunk lid, similar to the new 2015 Dodge Charger R/T spoiler.
if indeed the new 200 is the face of future chrysler...is it realistic to expect to see the concepts big grill on the next 300??

Reactions: M.O.D.
#11 ·
redhed said:
if indeed the new 200 is the face of future chrysler...is it realistic to expect to see the concepts big grill on the next 300??
doubtful, he said they would use some styling cues from that concept.

#12 ·
redriderbob said:

This would be a good look for 300, just keep it rwd.

#13 ·
If you ask me they already did the 200c concept......IMHO that look is already old and stale...I pray the 300 dosent look like that....

redriderbob said:

#14 ·
If Chrysler makes its flagship sedan look like a stretched 200, with huge overhangs and a timid grille, it will shoot itself in the foot.

While 200 can look "efficient", 300 needs to look "successful".

A proper flagship NEEDS to look big and rich. The role of the 300 should be to build aspiration and showroom traffic... to sell tons of 200s.

#16 ·
They have a lot of work to do with the 300, frankly the front of the car, grill, headlamps are not for such a car, they better come with something real different, we need a sharp looking car.

#17 ·
Aldo said:
If Chrysler makes its flagship sedan look like a stretched 200, with huge overhangs and a timid grille, it will shoot itself in the foot.

While 200 can look "efficient", 300 needs to look "successful".

A proper flagship NEEDS to look big and rich. The role of the 300 should be to build aspiration and showroom traffic... to sell tons of 200s.
Agree 100%, just hope that Chrysler's interpretation of that is still conservatively classy and not a tacky copy of the 200 look.
I've got nothing against the look of the 200, but it ain't gonna look good on a more "formal" shaped 300 body.

#18 ·
The current 300 is neither tired or in need of a revamp, IMO. It's an exceptionally well proportioned car that achieves a great balance between muscularity and refinement. ( A Linebacker wearing Armani is how I always think of the 300 )

Chrysler would do very well to IMPROVE the current version, not by throwing out the baby with the bath water. The recent refresh has made a world of difference to the original, and I can't wait to see the new(er) car this fall.

The 300 is an absolutely unique vehicle that offers SO much more than anything else at its level ( including Charger ), that they must be extremely careful what they do to it.

This is Chrysler's 'halo' vehicle and it needs to stay that way.

#19 ·
Man.. it just needs a better interior...the current interior looks really cheap, to me thats one reason why the SRT version is getting scraped... not worth the 60K price tag.

Interesting idea... Chrysler should start its own "Brand" just for "Luxury touches"... Call it Imperial. it would Have nothing to do with performance, just based on the Top Trim models.....Basically Import Maserati Interior materials for Imperial versions of Chryslers.... Chrysler 300 & 200 "Imperial" sounds cool

#20 ·
69DartGTS said:
Man.. it just needs a better interior...the current interior looks really cheap, to me thats one reason why the SRT version is getting scraped... not worth the 60K price tag.
Umm... I beg your pardon? The current 300 interior is fantastic. The fact that in 2012 it was honored as one of Ward's 10 Best Interiors tells me you're just typing out of your seat warmer.

Don't believe me:
http://youtu.be/kMKgN9gCBoE

#21 ·
Powdered Toast Man said:
Umm... I beg your pardon? The current 300 interior is fantastic. The fact that in 2012 it was honored as one of Ward's 10 Best Interiors tells me you're just typing out of your seat warmer.

Don't believe me:
http://youtu.be/kMKgN9gCBoE
Yea.... in 2012 but now its 2014 and its doing battle with This

( E-Class Interior sucks)

The Materials in the 300 isnt a problem, the Design of the layout thats is a eye sore.. especially the silver Trim around the Screen. it just cuts off at the bottom when it should be flowing down the center console either as a outline of platinum trim with wood insert or all platinum where the radio is located

and come on.. This is a $40,000 300C right here...

they should take some 2015 200 design cues for the 300.

#22 ·
At least the dash, instruments of the 300M are much nicer, just take a look at the clocks
They should u secs Hublot design watch or an Ademaus one, their designs are beautiful not like the CHEAP looking they are now useing

#23 ·
Mr.Source said:
At least the dash, instruments of the 300M are much nicer, just take a look at the clocks
They should u secs Hublot design watch or an Ademaus one, their designs are beautiful not like the CHEAP looking they are now useing
OMG...u and your your 300m.....the interior was nice ,for the time very nice...... Nothing to write home about.

#25 ·
jimboy said:
The current 300 is neither tired or in need of a revamp, IMO. It's an exceptionally well proportioned car that achieves a great balance between muscularity and refinement. ( A Linebacker wearing Armani is how I always think of the 300 )

Chrysler would do very well to IMPROVE the current version, not by throwing out the baby with the bath water. The recent refresh has made a world of difference to the original, and I can't wait to see the new(er) car this fall.

The 300 is an absolutely unique vehicle that offers SO much more than anything else at its level ( including Charger ), that they must be extremely careful what they do to it.

This is Chrysler's 'halo' vehicle and it needs to stay that way.
I agree what you say about the 300 style it is unique and different. Another thing if you look at the dodge charger and compare it to the original 300 the front end of the charger is more 300 than the new 300. If somebody could post pictures of the charger front end with the original 300 you will see how similar they are.

#26 ·
There are only really two things that really bother me about the 300 LX interior. The first being the big piece of plastic over the screen that holds the clock. Just looks really strange and cheap to me. The second one being that the instrument cluster looks hilariously unfinished in the daylight, with the small rectangular screen stuck in a middle of a sea of black plastic. Hopefully the 7" TFT will rectify that though.

The 300 LX gauges look modern and very cool at night, IMO. The 300M gauges look extremely cheap and tacky to me.

I really don't understand Mr. Source's unyielding love for the 300M and his hatred of the LX cars and their factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.