AF: 2015 300? | Page 28 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by scott cornett, May 19, 2014.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Sorry, we went off the Cadillac tangent to point out the merits of 300 remaining RWD...

Adding $2,500 to the price of a 300 SRT for leather wrapped dash was tough; adding that amount to a lower priced 300S may be even more so.

I'd hold off making the leather wrapped dash more readily available until they get it down to an artful science that can be accomplished more consistently, and more cost-effectively.

HotCarNut likes this.
  2. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

No worries...I contributed to the tangent readily!

I agree that the $2500 is tough to swallow, but the acres of black plastic in my 300S really screamed for something different. At least offer a Laguna leather option ala the Luxury Series. I love the Luxury Series interior, but I HATE the chrome and other BS on the C models. I like my sedans clean, understated, and able to blow the doors off a Toyota Camry. The C with the chrome mirror caps, door handles, wheels, etc. was certainly not my cup of tea, and that's OK, it's why we have different models. I was just annoyed that you couldn't get the S with the higher grade leather, ventilated seats, leather wrapped dash, etc. that were available in the C.

UN4GTBL and DDakRT like this.
  3. aldo90731

I really like the Radar Red and Sepia interiors in the new 300s. They do a good job breaking a sea of charcoal inside the car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#543 aldo90731, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

LOL!
    All I will add, is that the XTS is a good benchmark for the 300, as far as size, interior room and fit and finish. The 300 should be it's equal, pushed over the top by it's RWD.

wtxiceman and Mario9 like this.
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I love that Radar Red! Another one that I'd really like to see in person is the 2014 300 Uptown package interior in white. And the blue in the 300S is pretty sharp as well. Like you said, they break up the sea of black and grey nicely, and IMO really add a layer of perceived quality, luxury, beauty, and style.

[​IMG]

aldo90731 likes this.
  6. aldo90731

Remember when there used to be color choices inside cars?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#546 aldo90731, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    Mario9 and edgecrusher like this.
  7. DDakRT

DDakRT Well-Known Member

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. A 3/4 SRT, basically.

HotCarNut likes this.
  8. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

My only issue with my 2012 Charger and 2014 300s interiors is the dash and door panels. Can Chrysler please come up with some different patterns than that chincy pebble grain. The Charger dash pad has a cheap molded rubber look. The door panels copy the same pattern.
    At least my 300s has the vinyl or leather stitched hood over the gauges. These are the most obvious points of interest IMO. The rest of the interiors are great and seats are comfortable. I do like the white stitching in the 300S seats & dash.
    But the vehicles have run perfectly. Both are big, quiet, fast, great handling sedans.

HotCarNut likes this.
  9. o_swas

Level III Supporter

Yes, another spot on analysis by Norm. My dad just bought a brand new XTS a few months ago, and he cross shopped it with the 300. He liked the 300 but the XTS is simply a nicer car, as it should be since it's more expensive. It was also obvious to him that the 300 is in need of a refresh.

In my dad's case, RWD doesn't make much difference, as we are in Minnesota and he would have either preferred FWD as the XTS has or would have strongly considered AWD for the 300. He does have a 2013 Ram so for him it would be easy to drive the Ram when the weather was crummy, but not everybody has that option.

HotCarNut and MoparNorm like this.
  10. aldo90731

As good as XTS may be, it should have been a Buick. And it would have made a very nice Buick, too.

A Cadillac "flagship" sedan simply shouldn't be compared to a $45,000 Chrysler or, worse, to the pitiful Acura RLX "flagship" sedan --despite its fine Honda Accord motor, leather and handling.

All it does is detract from Cadillac's newly rediscovered luxury aspirations.

#550 aldo90731, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  11. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Agreed, I wish that Chrysler Corp would understand that some people want all the toys, but none of the Chrome...

This is an issue across most of the lineup, with Dodge being the only brand that seems to get it.

200S - missing features of 200C
    300S - missing features of 300C
    Town & Country S - simple appearance package on the Touring (base) model, doesn't come close to the Limited (top of the line)

Cherokee Trailhawk - missing HIDs from the Limited, otherwise ok
    Grand Cherokee - way too much chrome on the top models for me, SRT and Altitude packages only way to get rid of it

Ram 1500 Sport - missing features from the various Laramie models

HotCarNut and MoparNorm like this.
  12. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

IMO, the XTS is a nice car and equal to most historic Cadillac interiors, or better. My nuance is, It's not being compared to the 300, but the 300 should be compared to it.
    In the on again, off again mind of management, as they struggle to figure out what Chrysler is, they had it right when they tried "Affordable Luxury".
    The 300 should remind folks of the XTS, yet at a lower price point.
    It's no different than SRT Grand Cherokee going against Porsche at $30,000 less.
    If we only aim for Buick, we aim too low.

13. aldo90731

I was driving around on Saturday and saw an immaculate late 1950s Packard sedan drive the other way.

It reminded me of another once-proud American marque whose management one day decided, in its infinite wisdom, that its future laid as a mainstream brand...

HotCarNut, UN4GTBL and MoparNorm like this.
  14. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

These last several,posts, remind me of the adage, "If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

There have been posts on Allpar in the recent past, chiding us to be nicer to the boneheaded decisions by management, because they read these pages. It made me aware of a distinction in criticism, which is; Boneheaded decisions do not mean the managers are boneheads, it simply means their decision making group isn't asking the correct questions, in order to get the correct answers. Or their main objective is to be "Yes men".
    Reading the knowledge and insight exhibited here on these pages tells me Chrysler could have chosen better focus groups... :cool:

15. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Yeah, I miss those days. A lot fewer restrictions on interior/exterior color combinations. You could mix'n'match almost any colors you wanted including your pin striping and vinyl roof.

16. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I have no problem with the look of the 300C or the 300S. To me, which looks better (the chrome or black out look) depends on car color.
    Black, white or blue - I'd go 300C. Gray I'd go with 300S. Silver and most other colors I'd leave on the lot regardless of the trim type.

17. aldo90731

Chrysler has been gradually de-chroming the high-end trim levels of 300. Looks much better IMO.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

HotCarNut, dfarc and UN4GTBL like this.
  18. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

The new, more aggressive wheels on the 2014 300S make a big difference in the looks of the car.

Mike

edgecrusher and HotCarNut like this.
  19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Well-Known Member

It's nearly September, and I thought we'd be playing with the new car in the revamped Build and Price by now! I no doubt missed where this was posted, but is there any word on when this car will be officially shown?

20. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

I'd guess sometime in Nov or Dec