Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Charger Scat Pack loud squealing from under car

Discussion in 'Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by RobertKR, Jun 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RobertKR

RobertKR New Member

My 26K mile car has an intermittent loud squealing from underneath. It sounds just like an old clutch slipping. Local dealer had it for a day and could not reproduce it. Anyone have the same experience?

Rob

2. RobertKR

RobertKR New Member

Not a single similar experience? 8 speed automatic. Frustrating for sure.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. Under what conditions do you hear the squeal? Up front or in the back?
    Does speeding up or slowing down or left or right change anything?

4. RobertKR

RobertKR New Member

Thanks for the reply. It is typically between 30 and 60 mph from, it seems, right below me or in the transmission tunnel. It happens when you lightly apply the throttle to keep up with the traffic around me then stops when I let off. Never under hard acceleration or highway speeds. I will take it to a dealer by me soon and have a tech drive it or drive with me.
    I was just hoping mine wasn't the only one.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  5. R@sco

R@sco New Member

I got a used 2015Dodge Charger R/T 2 week's ago and mine was doing it when I would first it. Went to dealer today, and they said water pump. Said it will be in tomorrow.

6. R@sco

R@sco New Member

7. RobertKR

RobertKR New Member

Thanks for the response. I am just not convinced my sound is from under the hood. I suspect transmission issues. Still have to get it to make the noise in front of the technician!

8. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

I have had transmission ATF (and power steering) cooler hydraulic squawks and squeals before. They can be very difficult to reproduce for diagnosis. Temperature can play a big factor as cold fluid is more viscous and warm fluid thins out.
    There may be a small 'window' where the noise is present and then it's gone.
    It may be at a flow control valve or some other hydraulic restriction if you hear it under the floor.

9. RobertKR

RobertKR New Member

Very nice response. I have a place to begin when the car goes in on Friday. Thanks!