Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Chrysler 200s AWD

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by LDJ14, Dec 31, 2017.

1. LDJ14

LDJ14 New Member

I need some help please. I have a 2015 Chrysler 200s with the 3.6 Penistar engine. It has about 39,000 miles on it. It is an AWD as well. Recently it has been squealing when I start it for about 5-10 seconds then stops. It is winter time and temperatures are getting down to single digits, so it's been pretty cold. It has never squealed until the temperatures started dropping. I've also noticed that when I have the heat on, I can hear a slight and very quiet squeal sometimes. I have read up on the 3.6 a Little and have heard good things about it. I've read that instead of a belt it has a chain. Could it be the chain that is causing the squeal or something else? Any suggestions or help would be awesome.

2. LDJ14

LDJ14 New Member

The noise is coming from the belt on the passenger side.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. The belt that may be making your squealing noise is likely the one that drives the alternator and A/C compressor, etc. These create an extra load for the engine, especially in colder weather. The belt may need replacement. Check the tensioner also.

[​IMG]

tomit likes this.
  4. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Alternator belt slipping. Needs adjustment.