AF: 2015 Chrysler 300s | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Chrysler 300s

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by jerseyjoe, Sep 9, 2020.

1. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Sorta new problem, since I replaced ABS sensor in right front again. #3 to be exact. Getting old and slow so I am am here for fresh Ideas. When it rains the trans feels like bump shifts, (old school torqueflite) with every shift. No codes left in engine or trans computers. I would like this car to run properly for at least 1 year, can't spend 20% of my savings on a new one.

In other-words this is my last car. Top it off at an oil change at a Chrysler dealership I was told that I needed a $1400 brake job. I looked at front pads looked OK but a little worn. Bought new front rotors and pads, son who is a mechanic put them on but told me
    there was 40K left on the front brakes. That is dealership #2 that tried to take advantage of me. Loopkae at a 2 year old Jeep GC with no significant Badge on it but nice interior $57K. Looks like no MOPARs in my future.

Anyway.had to blow off steam.

2. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Is this a Summit or an SRT...? It would have to be one of those two trim levels to cost that much at two years old. Trust me, there are much better deals out there on Grand Cherokees. If you don't need leather covering every surface of your interior, look at a used Limited or Overland.

valiant67 likes this.
  3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I had a Laredo X, stickered less than $40k, then well discounted. It was a nice package.

Ryan likes this.
  4. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Yes. And if buying new, Laredo X package is back for 2021. Includes the leather/suede seats from the Altitude, 8.4" Nav, heated seats/steering wheel, 18" silver wheels, remote start, power liftgate, and more. MSRP for a 4x4 is $39,500.

Actually, it includes all former non-appearance Altitude content as standard, with the black Altitude appearance package as an option.

5. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

How's the rear brakes??

p.s. That dealer sucks.

dodgeismycar likes this.
  6. jerseyjoe

Dealer #1 bought the car from promised a lot but did not deliver. Dealer #2 was great till they moved to a newly built store. At one time there were Mopar enthausiasts, now young people with new family's trying to make ends meet. I guess the old days are gone. There was a Dodge dealer that sold mostly trucks all over 2 counties because of low prices was shut down after being forced to sell other FCA vehicles.

I gotta check the rears because of computer controlled abs might wear pads evenly. If same as front, no need to rush. Thanks!

7. KOG

KOG KOG

Rears went much faster than fronts on my 09 T&C, caught me by surprise because I always checked fronts. Rears only made 65K, fronts went 100K. Performance Friction rears now have 100K, still fine.

8. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I’m curious about your trans problems. But more about you abs sensors. If you live in a rust belt like I do, rusted Off pieces may have enough good metal to stick to the wheel speed sensor. It will not read, and throw a fault. It will also turn antilock brakes into always locks brakes. A good wire brushing of the hubs where sensor reads, and a terry cloth and brake kleen wipe Down may do wonders

jerseyjoe likes this.
  9. jerseyjoe

No rain no issues with trans also no codes when trans bumps in the rain, that's what bugs me. No dipstick that I can find, but no smell either.

10. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

It may well be that the abs is the cause of trans bumbs.
    - the abs has very accurate speed sensors and they may be used as speed references.
    Some things that destroyes abs sensors.
    - broken or rusty tonewheels ( sensor rings )
    - debriee insite the tonering cavity.
    - bad wheel bearings.
    - missing ground wires from the spindle ( if there was one, some spindles ground themselfes through the suspension.)
    - i would as a first change or make sure that the abs sensor contact that comes from the chassis wireloom is in good condition.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  11. Gerry G

Gerry G Well-Known Member

I can vouch for bad wheel bearings causing abs sensor issues.