Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Durango cd player available?

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Hangout' started by badgerbeerman, Mar 30, 2016.

1. badgerbeerman

badgerbeerman Active Member

My wife is looking at at 2015 Durango. It is a SXT with the 8.4 radio i believe. I can't find if there is a CD player available through Mopar. Any ideas?

We have alot of cd,s and like to being them along on trips. Not big into downloading yet.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

3. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

I believe the CD player is only available as an accessory, not a factory option. So a dealer could add this Mopar accessory.
    It's not cheap.

4. floridaman2013

floridaman2013 Active Member

My 2016 Journey R/T has the same radio with Nav and it came with the CD player. SO GLAD we got one again as our 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo didn't have one with the smaller radio.

ImperialCrown likes this.
  5. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

You will need to purchase the CD player and harness from Mopar parts. Then you will have to have your dealer add the CD player sales code to the vehicle for the CD Player to work.

Mike

6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Active Member

Cheaper, much less of a headache, and a good way to catalogue your music collection, would be to sit down and rip your CDs, then copy them to an iPod or SD card or memory stick! The interface on the 8.4" screens is great and you'll save space, weight, and the chance of damaging your collection! I'm with you on the CDs, as I still need a physical copy somewhere or it somehow feels like a hollow purchase... (many artists now include digital copies with their physical ones, so I like that!). Our '15 300S doesn't have a CD player and the transition has been seamless. The UConnect system really is awesome.

7. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

I second that. One SD card can easily hold all of your CDs. I uave a 32GB in my Jeep and it's much easier to use than sticking in a single CD - there is no CD changer and since the single CD player is inside the console it's not exactly easy to do while driving.

8. 15DurangoR/T

15DurangoR/T Member

I know this post is old but I have a factory one out of my 2015 r/t if your interested

9. Gianni

Gianni Member

Hi, I could be interested if the price is right...

10. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Last time I looked walmart still had a sony walkman CD player, you can use that and just plug it in the aux port.