Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 Jeep Patriot Service Manual

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by AllanC, Oct 5, 2017.

1. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

As a new owner of a 2016 Jeep Patriot, I am starting to look for a factory service manual. I visited the website for Chrysler Tech Authority and found a CD for the manual priced at $134.99. I imagine a hardcopy is no longer provided as that would be too bulky with many volumes for all of the information and tool costly.

However in the description it mentions in bold print that the traditional wiring diagrams (Chapter 8???) are not provided. Only wiring diagrams will be found for a specific diagnostic code. So does this mean wiring diagram information is lacking or one needs to consult other sources?

For DIY repair I find that wiring diagrams are a necessity. Has anyone purchased the CD and found it lacking necessary information on wiring schematics?

2. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

I wish I could answer that for you. I too have a 2016 Patriot but don't have the service manuals as of yet. I don't know what "other sources" they could be referring to, other than some paid online service such as "Alldata". A service manual without all the wiring diagrams is IMO, useless. I'm glad you posted it because I didn't realize that was the case. If so, for that aspect and the price, I'll pass on the factory service manual. In the past, pre-Daimler era, I always bought the 3-book service manual pack from Chrysler, for my vehicles. But since the Daimler greed, the price has substantially inflated and the quality of the manuals are lacking. Nothing like the good service manuals they used to have that were clear and concise. The last couple of vehicles, I've resigned to buy the Haynes manuals, which, is pretty desperate. Those things are mostly not even helpful, if even correct at all.

3. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

The wiring information for the dealer's service information on dealerconnect is 'interactive' with links and sub-sites for the technician. This probably can't be duplicated on a disc for personal use.
    It isn't that there aren't wiring diagrams, but maybe not for everything that the dealer has access to.
    I haven't seen a Tech Authority service manual yet and have to withhold my opinion of the wiring diagram coverage. About 95% of the 8W chapter is in wiring diagrams under the DTC-based diagnostics chapter(probably similar to the Alldata wiring diagram coverage). Anything pertaining to a vehicle control module 'electrically' would be shown.
    It would be nice if someone who has a TA service manual could chime in or if more details of wiring coverage could be found out from TA themselves.

4. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

I bought the $135 FSM on disc for my wife's 2012 Chrysler 200. As stated, it does NOT include the comprehensive wiring diagrams that saved me so many times when I was tracking down performance problems. I'm very unhappy about it, I see no reason why they chose to leave them out.

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  5. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

I purchased the service disc for my 2010 Ram 1500. There is something to be desired.
    As far as I can determine the only thing that is actually on the disc is an ID code. As such I asked if I could upgrade but no.