Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Charger Pursuit AWD Wheel specs

Discussion in 'Police, Taxis, Ambulances, etc' started by CarolinaCop, Jun 19, 2017.

1. CarolinaCop

CarolinaCop New Member

Hello all,

I am about to receive a new 2017 AWD Pursuit, however those steel wheels are ugly and will have to go.

In the official literature, I read that the wheels are 18x7.5", have 5x115 pattern, and ship with P245/55/R18 tires. The offset, however, isn't as clear. I've read in some forums that the factory offset is +38, however others insist it is +40 or +44. Can anyone confirm the offset?

Since the PDt gets tires cheap, via the state contract, going to a difference size wheel isn't an option. Anything I go with will have to be 18", and capable of running P245/55/R18 tires.

Ideally, I'd like to have some simple matte black wheels, with a machined lip. Since they are going on a police car, another consideration is any centercaps or logos - I can't have anything that says "racing" on it or that looks too exotic.

Any wheel suggestions and/or confirmation of the offset would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

DarkSky likes this.
  2. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

You could try the OEM aluminum wheel used through 2014 on the AWD Charger R/T:

WHEEL. Front or Rear. Aluminum. [WPB]. Wheels and Hardware for 2014 Dodge Charger. #1LS61CDMAB (at http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/Dodge/2014/Charger/WHEEL-Front-or-Rear-Aluminum-WPB/10207860/1LS61CDMAB.html )

You will also need new lugnuts:

NUT. Lug, Wheel. M14X1.5. Wheels and Hardware for 2017 Dodge Charger. #06509873AA (at http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/Dodge/2017/Charger/NUT-Lug--Wheel-M14X15-WLZ--WPX-Or-WRD-Or-WRF-Or-WRL-Or-WPA-Or-WPG-Or-WPT-Or-WP3/4323268/06509873AA.html )

If you're buying these on your own penny, try:

www.car-part.com

The best of those on car-part, when I did a quick search, run a couple hundred bucks apiece, but you'll still need the lugnuts.

That's really about it, outside of running the full wheel covers, part numbers of which are noted somewhere else above. I'm in the land of cheese, and Wisconsin runs the full wheel covers on the new '17 AWD State Patrol units, as does Iowa, but not IL, MI, or MN.

CarolinaCop likes this.
  3. CarolinaCop

CarolinaCop New Member

I emailed LawEnforcement@chrysler.com to confirm the wheel size. They confirmed 18x7.5", and 5x115 pattern, but advised the offset is +49.

4. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

Well, unfortunately, there isn't much out there; the list is pretty short.

One possibility I overlooked -
    The 2015+ AWD retail cars all use a 19" wheel. That kinda precludes the big 18" Goodyears, which is now the standard size for Dodge and Ford.

Worthy of mention - Chrysler Fleet dropped the aluminum wheel option after 2013, RWD only at that time.

If you were considering having some made, I sincerely doubt you could have either aluminum or steel custom made for less than OEM.

Another thing to consider - Ford is also using all steel wheels with their police vehicles (taurus and Exploder). They did have a basic aluminum wheel for the Taurus, but no takers.

5. Slidd

Slidd Member

What color blue is that?

Got the paint code?

6. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

Appears to be:

Electric Blue Pearl
    PB5

Dodge has 5 shades of blue for the 2017 Pursuit (Current name/former name):

Contusion Blue (Jazz Blue) - PBX
    Steel Blue (Twilight Blue) - PAR
    Midnight Blue (Nightwatch Blue) - PB8
    MSP Blue - P79
    Electric Blue - PB5

The last 3 are Fleet Only.

Slidd likes this.
  7. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Ad-Free Member

It's pretty bad@ss that a cop is looking to make his Pursuit Charger his own. @CarolinaCop - being that it is a ghost car, do you keep it at your home, or is it used by all officers?