Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Grand Cherokee

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee, Durango, etc' started by Frankc555, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Frankc555

Frankc555 Member

I just purchased a new 2017 Grand Cherokee. This was purchased at Quirk Jepp in Braintree Ma.

Love it, rides nice and no issues so far. They gave me a good price and it was worth it.

Frank

2. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

Congrats! Which trim level did you go with? Did the "refreshed" exterior styling aid in your decision?

3. Frankc555

Frankc555 Member

I bought the limited model I did like the new look.
    The ride was good over some terrain that was bumpy and the truck felt secure.

Frank

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  4. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

Best bang for buck model for sure. V6 or Hemi?

5. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

I've driven a few late model WK2s. They drive great and the interior is far nicer than the older ones like my 07. However Id want the Hemi for sure.....

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  6. LouJC

LouJC Active Member

One question to all who have them, how is the long term reliability with the Penatstar? That to me was one hesitancy I might have. With the Hemi I know that I can get 100K easily out of it. Mine is almost there now (98,000 on it currently). I know there was the issue with the cyl head that was corrected by the '14 year, but how do they hold up otherwise? They are used in enough FCA vehicles that there should be a good database at this time...

7. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

The 3.6 has some issues on some engines - just like the Hemi (the Hemi is known to drop valve seats and eat cams / followers, the Pentastar has similar issues in its roller rockers, but seems to be random). Any modern engine can have random issues like that though, I wouldn't let it hold me back, because they usually fail either early on, or with higher miles (150k or more). I do love the 5.7 Jeep, but it is thirsty. Ironically, I do get the same MPG as my old Charger (06) with the Jeep. One thing to keep in mind, the 5.7 "Recommends" 89. I put 87 in mine. I do feel the difference when I get either better 87, or put 89 in it (ex: My most recent tank has to be the best 87 I've gotten in months. Maybe it's summer blend already. I am at 18.1 MPG with 70% highway, usually I'm around 16, and the power feels good).

8. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Is FCA building the Atlas for VW? It sure looks like a Grand Cherokee from the few pictures I've seen lately. I thought maybe they have a deal a la Routan.