AF: 2017 L Series...Go for "LAUNCH" ? | Page 26 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 L Series...Go for "LAUNCH" ?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by DCAutoWorker, Jun 30, 2016.

1. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

So we have the T/A and T/A Plus as the "buzz" models. Might the other new model be a "GT"?

2. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

If you are editing to the Chally GT AWD, I thought that I heard that was a no go.

james.mooney. likes this.
  3. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

GT as a 5.7 AWD was a no-go. What this long awaited new model is, you will just have to wait a little longer for :D

MoparDanno and james.mooney. like this.
  4. james.mooney.

Oh, I hadn't heard that. But a Challenger GT would not necessarily have to be AWD. The Journey, Grand Caravan, and Durango are all getting "GT" models for 2017 as their high-middle trim, above SXT Plus where the Limited model sat. A Challenger GT could be the answer for those looking for a more "luxurious" coupe.

5. james.mooney.

But what about a 3.6 AWD??

6. mentalicca

The information is around here and there to answer that question. You just have to know where to look.

LXbuilder and james.mooney. like this.
  7. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

since the 5.7 Models have SRT Treatments, would the GT be the v6 with Active Electronic exhaust, R/T Tires/wheels plus cold air intake??

8. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

That's what I'm hoping for. Plus AWD. A V6 with an exhaust system with the Hellcat air intakes and Super Track Pak would be amazing. I would seriously consider one for my next car.

9. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

Sort of like a 1LE Camaro for the Challenger. That would be cool and finish off the Challenger line, a higher performance V6.

Ryan likes this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The Challenger AWD has been put on hold.

HotCarNut likes this.
  11. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

A big part of the problem with quality can be traced back to CDJ's (long before Fiat) customer service philosophy.

I had an issue with a cooling sensor on my 13' Durango at a little past 35k miles. It was misdiagnosed as a bad PCM, and had to wait for the replacement for 3 weeks, no rental because it was still drivable just throwing codes. Got the part in, replaced it, next morning same codes/lights, so back to the dealer... Found out it was the sensor... Had to wait another three weeks for that part. By the time they got the part in and replaced it, I was over 36k miles by 300 miles... Even though the issue started before my warranty expired and it was misdiagnosed, and I had to wait for parts, they said they wouldn't cover it. After talking to the service manager, they said they would "goodwill" it if I paid $50.00 to cover the labor. No car is perfect, but the reason that Hyundai/Kia gets a better rep, is because they stood behind their product and put their money where their mouth was. You can tell me all day that your quality has improved, but only offer 3yr/36k mile warranty and then make the customer pay for parts delays and tech errors. Same thing happened with my Caliber. My alternator died within a 1,000 miles of my warranty expiring. Even though I bought the car used, and had only had it 3 months. They gave me the employee discount.... But I still had to shell out $600 dollars. Two different dealers, two different states, two different products, 3 years a part,... same result. Luckily, I am a Diehard Mopar man. Someone else would never buy another Dodge. Not because the Durango and Caliber had a problem, but because how the company treated me as a customer. That's the real reason Toyota's, Honda's and now Hyundai/Kia's are perceived better than Chrysler and Dodges, not because they are just so much better, but because they don't try to stick it to their customers.

Their philosophy has to change, and it starts from the top.

oruandy, MoparMan, GasAxe and 7 others like this.
  12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Your long awaited model is the T/A packages!

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

The market for an AWD Challenger is there. However, its been put on hold like many other programs for the next few months.

14. mentalicca

Was this from when we heard it was on hold months (maybe weeks I don't remember exactly) ago? I just ask because, if not, it appears that reputable sources seem to be at odds with one another, or maybe intentionally misleading people.

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Yes, oh2o said it was placed on hold a few weeks ago. I found out about it the day before yesterday. We might not see an AWD Challenger for this generation of car. But the next generation in 2021 is schedule to have both drivetrains. Not saying it won't happen, but a lot of the upcoming projects have been put on hold until the presidential election has been completed to see what route FCA will take with the NAFTA market. Yes, more politics.

Prabhjot and Jerry Simcik like this.
  16. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Twasn't me :).

MoparDanno, redriderbob and Mike V. like this.
  17. Prabhjot

Prabhjot Active Member

The US$ will see large and very consequential moves, depending precisely on the outcome of the usa presidential+congressional elections. And that'll be just the simplest, immediate effect on a firm like FCA: with no policy shift whatsoever. 'Politics' does matter, very. This is just an obvious way it would, there are numerous other less obvious and immediate ways it does and will.

Jerry Simcik and james.mooney. like this.
  18. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Gentlemen, as stated in the other thread... let's try not to make this a Presidental debate.

The elections could very well have an affect on future planning, but it is best not to discuss the candidates any further here due to the likelihood of it becoming an overly passionate discussion.

Thanks,

Mike

#518 Mike V., Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    GasAxe, somber, dakrt99 and 2 others like this.
  19. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

Yep, politics have ruined a couple other forums. It starts innocently, then blows up.

freshforged and somber like this.
  20. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Best left to face-to-face conversations.

somber likes this.