AF: 2017 L Series...Go for "LAUNCH" ? | Page 30 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 L Series...Go for "LAUNCH" ?

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by DCAutoWorker, Jun 30, 2016.

1. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I very much doubt the current V10 will live on in any vehicle. Maybe in special drag pack Challengers.

2. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

My math has just been corrected. I see a new map.
    I agree, I only see it living on as a crate, or specialty engine only, not in a production car.

3. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

;)

Mike

4. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Well-Known Member

The L. Cars have run 20s if im not mistaken but that was with different tires so im not 100% sure there.

5. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

So? I am a lot clearer on some aspects of the Hellcat2.

But, if they are coming down the line, then what is Conner Ave for? Finishing them?

I know that the new Ford Focus RS is built o nthe line, but then it goes to another shop where it is "RS-i-fied" and all of the finish work is done, that is required for it to be a full RS. Is that what Conner Ave is going to do?

Hellcatbroughtmehere likes this.
  6. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Active Member

Care to share the map? I'm lost. Even if it has to be a PM in case there is a short cut somewhere that we don't want every Tom Dick and Harry drivinging through.

HotCarNut likes this.
  7. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

I am not at liberty to share, even through PM, as I was asked not to repeat, sorry.

So far, the basics are here in this, and a couple other treads on Allpar.

It is rumored to have some sort of wide body kit, not dissimilar to the one shown on the Challenger GT AWD concept from the SEMA show. It will almost certainly have wider than 275 but less than 355 tires (most guesses are between 315 and 335). It will have more power than the current Hellcat with some estimates at 100+ hp to as much as 400+ hp. Some rumors have it with some sort of new rear end, and new suspension.

I am still trying to figure out how/if the Conner Ave plant figures into it.

8. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Is the engine 100% confirmed as being a pumped up version ( can't believe I'm saying this about an engine that is already at 707) of the current 6.2L SC Hellcat motor or could it be a different motor entirely?

9. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

My money is on a higher output Hellcat. That engine is way too badass to be replaced by anything. They built the Hope Diamond of V8s with that car.

Mr. Fusion likes this.
  10. Hellcatbroughtmehere

11. Mr. Gooseman

Mr. Gooseman Active Member

400+ ADDITIONAL horsepower?!?! Lol. Just....lol.

I remember they pulled a fast one on us with 'will have 600+ hp', then gave us over 700.

I can see it now: 'Will have 800+ hp' to best the new GT500's 750+ or whatever, then they'll give us 1000+ hp! Holy crapola. A 700 hp black key....

When the GT500 goes plaid, the Hellcat will go Ludicrous Speed!

They had (or have) that 1 for 1 program with the Viper. Would that carry over into the new Testoster-cat (?) if it moves to the Viper plant? That'd be really neat.

UN4GTBL, HotCarNut and Smitman like this.
  12. LXbuilder

LXbuilder Well-Known Member

Why would Conner Ave figure into it? Brampton can/will build em easy unless something REALLY big changes on those cars.

13. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Will it have 400 more HP than Hellcat1? I would be surprised. I am not getting my hopes up for that, but I was surprised by the 707hp, so you never know.

About Conner Avenue? I just kind of assumed/guessed it would replace Viper there. Looks like I am wrong, and it does not involve Hellcat2. They do have a plan for Conner Ave, correct?

14. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Might be the Challenger ACR, I am sure that would need more attention than could be paid at a normal factory - especially if they plan on competing against the new Zedder and GT350R

dakrt99 likes this.
  15. dakrt99

dakrt99 Well-Known Member

The guys and gals at Conner are probably the best there is when it comes to assembly talent and expertise. Something specialty like an ACR would be awesome, stick it to the Z/28 and GT350R.

16. bramptonbodyshop

bramptonbodyshop Active Member

Things like striping and police package add ons used to be done by a 3rd party but now are done in the factory. Not necessarily on the assembly line though - cars are brought to a room for the work to be done after it's built.

17. Mr. Gooseman

Mr. Gooseman Active Member

They already beat them with the latest Viper ACR! That pretty much beat everything, haha. But I know what you mean....

I really like what they've done with the Challenger and keep it as a street brawlin' muscle car drag racer...which by the way can really turn (SRT)! Maybe it wasn't exactly intentional by nature of the platform size, but I kinda hope they keep it that way. Leave the track carving to the Viper and whatever follows it.

But a Challenger twisty track car would be mighty cool, haha....

So when do you think we'll actually see snippets of the ADR, like creepy shadow shots or suggestive ads with Victoria Secret models and such??

18. Clinton H Davis

Clinton H Davis Well-Known Member

There's some serious algebra going on in this thread... HE = 6.2 x 1.25/707 + tirewidth >= 1.5 = SH...
    I knew I should have paid more attention in that class! :)

19. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

If Chevy could make the Gen 5 Zeta Camaro handle, I am sure it can be done with the Challenger too - it's just too bad they waited so long, although it and the recent T/A could be seeds for even crazier handling ACR's and T/A's from the 2021 car.

20. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

Challenger almost outsold Camaro for August.