AF: 2017 minivan: Chrysler Pacifica (it’s official) | Page 27 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 minivan: Chrysler Pacifica (it’s official)

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Jan 11, 2016.

1. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

sure but beyond that the brands at this point are a marketing illusions, important for defining the configuration and content but still just a illusion

2. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Oh, I just realized what you are saying. A little slow on the uptake today...you are correct. The individual brands are just arms of one company, but it's all the same beast.

3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Soon enough, all the brands will disappear, as the cars disappear, and they start making jet packs and hoverboards. We were supposed to already have jet packs and hover boards. What is taking them so long?

4. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

The drive wheels and mission of each brand, perhaps.

True. The money - lots of it - has been spent. Hopefully there's some kind of payoff.

Very possible. Might happen, might not.

I'll remain optimistic though, because I'm already a cranky enough bastard as it is.

XRT2SRT, Prabhjot, MoparJoe and 2 others like this.
  5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

They do have hover boards now...don't really hover though...kind of false advertising I think...;)

6. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

For those of you old enough to remember Freddie Prinze and the show Chico and the Man.
    I tried to find a clip of Chico where he talks about "the dog in the back of the car with it's head going up and down."

Zagnut27 likes this.
  7. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

Yepae all

8. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Well-Known Member

I think a Journey successor would be good if the platform could be shared with a four-door sedan and if that sedan could have chair-height seats, sixty inches of hip and shoulder room, good headroom, and low enough aerodynamic drag to get good CAFE mpg; without looking like a giant pumpkin seed. I can dream, too.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree.

10. oruandy

oruandy Active Member

Green Car Reports has new details on the Pacifica's hybrid powertrain. Interviewing Mike Duhaime, Chrysler’s global director for electrification, the new report states:

"Perhaps what most distinguishes this system, versus other plug-in hybrids, is that it can run the Pacifica Hybrid in pure-electric mode all the way up to 120 mph, if you accelerate gradually enough. And on a plug-in charge, it stays all-electric almost to full throttle.

“Over almost all driving conditions it’ll run all-electric,” said Duhaime."
    The whole article gives new details on how the engine and two electric motors work together. Also interesting is that the "hybrid system was designed to fit into the same space as the (ZF) nine-speed automatic transmission, and to be used in front-wheel-drive vehicles sized down to a C-segment small SUV. "

danbek, Prabhjot, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I am confused.
    When we talk about Doge vs. Chrysler, RWD vs. FWD is an important distinction and all these promised (but yet still far off) planned products might be RWD products to replace current FWD products.
    But when we talk about the 300 becoming a FWD car, most buyers supposedly don't care if a car is FWD or RWD.
    So Dodge will be distinguished from Chrysler by a feature most people supposedly don't care about.

12. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

What we've learned about Sergio is NOTHING is carved in stone. Nothing is what it seems to be.

#532 ScottB, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    UN4GTBL and CherokeeVision like this.
  13. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC???

The discussion is far off of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica at this point.

Mike

TripleT, MoparJoe and dmcdonald like this.
  15. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Thank goodness! There's nothing worse than the general who keeps sending his infantry to die storming an impenetrable position. Keep your opponents quessing and be nimble without being inefficient is the way to go. :cool:

danbek, Prabhjot, Zagnut27 and 3 others like this.
  16. TripleT

TripleT Allpar Legacy

really, Really, REALLY, REALLY!?!?! REALLY?!?! REALLY!!! different people different dynamic for different products...

ahhhhh never mind..... seen the new Lincoln? Packing vs dynamic... PACKING vs DYNAMIC

17. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

Davad sounds too familiar ljkeweatnorelandlz and drvn .​

Zagnut27 likes this.
  18. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

When situations change and change is needed, that's what you do, or, you run your company and it's people in the ground. You do your best and go from there. You don't always win, but I can honestly look at where they where and are now and Damn, they've done pretty good. Can we predict the future? You engraved the headstone of FCA from day one, so I guess you can, boy you are just so marvelous:rolleyes:

ScramFan likes this.
  19. ScottB

ScottB Active Member

Yes, good managers and good companies change as the business conditions change. Strangely, things are looking up for the auto industry as a whole, yet FCA is delaying product and is scratching around for a way to fund that $50B plan. There isn't as much chaos in the car world as there seems to be inside FCA. Analysts aren't buying Sergio's strategy....which is a moving target......and, like me, are generally pessimistic about FCA's ability to pull it off. Like I've said many times, I like to keep it real and not puff up a shaky plan by blowing a lot of sunshine like some people do. This company may have had some sales success, but now that things are getting back to "normal" and the industry sales begin to plateau, we'll see how sustainable sales are at FCA. Add that to lower than average industry margins and high debt and the future for FCA is far, far from certain. And their product/brand strategy sucks.