AF: 2017 minivan: Chrysler Pacifica (it’s official) | Page 29 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 minivan: Chrysler Pacifica (it’s official)

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

It is possible, but it may be too soon after Detroit considering it is this coming weekend.

Mike

2. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

cant wait for these to show up in the dealerships--we're not in the market, but it would be cool to take one for a spin none-the-less

saltydog, suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Same here.

We have a trip planned in the summer, and I'm hoping that these will be available as an option to rent. I assume that with the "fleet focus" for the Caravan that we'll likely have a Caravan for the rental though - which is fine too :)

4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

same. I am not a minivan person. I like my Jeeps and Dodge's, but the Pacifica intrigues me to the point of considering it. lol

Prabhjot, GasAxe and TripleT like this.
  5. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

If you guys are interested in driving it, then the design is succeeding. Chrysler needs car enthusiasts like you to notice the new vans. Not because they're trying to sell to you guys, but because you've got friends and family who ask your advice. If you've actually seen and/or driven the new van, and like it, you're likely to recommend it when you hear someone looking for a van... rather than the normal reaction of "uh, it's a van - they're all the same, really"

JKU12, UN4GTBL, saltydog and 4 others like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Car Freak

You have a very good point. Although, I have been told that I was biased towards Chrysler vehicles (mostly by Toyota drivers) I am, but I can have a conversation with other car guys which I won't try to make them believe that they're all good. I also see the good in the other brands.

That being said, my salesperson already know to call me as soon as one arrives. I want to drive and see the difference between the RT and new Pacifica.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

Will there be a Pacifica at the DC Auto Show? It starts today. It'd be nice to check it out.

8. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

It is possible, but it may be too soon after Detroit considering it is this coming weekend.

Mike

9. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

And Chicago is in just over 2 weeks.

10. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

IMO saddle belongs on a horse... :cool:

11. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

Be careful, soft seats aren't great on LONG rides. Not enough support.

12. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

Though I am just replying, that homage was instantly recognized from the rear view.

Kyle and Dave Z like this.
  13. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Anybody know if the Pacifica will have power folding mirrors, i.e., you push a button and the mirrors fold in. My son has a fairly narrow garage.

14. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I have to disagree with you regarding seats... I sorely (literally) miss the 300M seats... and I like saddle... it’s nice to have a choice other than black, beige, and “white or bright red, but only if it’s a specialty car.”

DC-93, somber and james.mooney. like this.
  15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

That's a nice option. It seems almost randomly assigned to cars. My 300C has all sorts of crazy options but you have to manually push the mirrors up to fold them in (ever so slightly). The 2006 minivan has better folding mirrors...

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

From the preliminary specification information that has been released, the Pacifica has power folding mirrors on the Limited Platinum model (top of the line) only.

17. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Sounds strange but i think you're right. I've done a number of 7 to 8 hr trips on 2nd in 3rd row of the stow-n-gos with no discomfort. I did find i prefered the 3rd row so as to stretch the legs out between the 2nd row chairs.
    On another note i did see a new Pacifica on the road last weekend. At first glance i just took it to be a new T&C. As it went by i had do a double take. Best i can describe it is a "muscled-up" T&C. Looked nice in person. Add awd and it should be a winner.

UN4GTBL and Ian like this.
  18. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Agreed.

My main complaint with the middle row Stow N Go seats, is that the seat cushion is too low to provide leg support for me. I've found that if I open the lids to the "bin" I can put my legs and feet in there and it's quite roomy!

19. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Not just soft seats but soft ride. I'll take a day in the seat of my 01 XJ before I'd take a seat in many softer riding vehicles.
    Soft rides seem to wear me out. And I'm not young anymore (53).

20. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Loved the seats in our '00 T&C Ltd AWD we had back in the day. I could drive for hours and not be tired or stiff. In fact one time I drove to FL (16 hours) with a bad back (pinched a nerve 4 days before the trip). I was more comfortable driving than I was getting out, walking around or sitting in a restaurant.