NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Pacifica - New Package

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Mike V., Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

@CDJSalesPro, I think this is a the more competitive model you were looking for?

Mike

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

They (and Nissan) could not stop Georgia from dropping its $5k subsidy which made Nissan Leaf almost free to lease to residents of this state. Leaf sales dropped in half when its main market no longer subsidized it.

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  3. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Active Member Level III Supporter

its a nice pkg.... but can you get video in it?

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Glad you asked, if the Pacifica Touring plus is ordered with 18" wheels and 8.4" uConnect as options, a rear overhead DVD is included.

Rear Overhead DVD (XR1) $995

8.4-inch Touchscreen (RA3) $695

18-inch Wheels (ACF) $895

Total MSRP of Options $2,585

Receive Free Rear Overhead DVD -$995

MSRP of Options less Free DVD $1,590

Total MSRP w/ Free Overhead DVD $33,950

This makes the total MSRP of the Pacifica Plus equal to the MSRP of the Odyssey SE, but with more standard features, more options, and overhead rear DVD. :D

Mike

Ian, UN4GTBL, wtxiceman and 1 other person like this.
  5. dodgeatheart

dodgeatheart Not THAT guy again!

They ran me outta here when I said they needed to make UConnect Rear Video an option across the board.

CDJSalesPro likes this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Did you see my last post?

Mike

7. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Active Member Level III Supporter

Showing this to my GM....ordering some like this as soon as they are available.

freshforged, UN4GTBL and Mike V. like this.
  8. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Member Level III Supporter

Rear overhead DVD is a winner.

saltydog, UN4GTBL and Mike V. like this.
  9. PCRMike

PCRMike Active Member

All I know is that these are fine looking vehicles. Very attractive. Much more so than a minivan has a right to be.

10. Andraz3d

Andraz3d Member

when is EU getting the PHEV version?

11. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

Middle East part of EMEA. ;)

12. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

"Touring"
    "Touring Plus"
    "Touring L"

LOL is marketing out of names for trim levels or something? That's crystal clear to both customers and dealers /sarcasm

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

What's odd too is that normally FCA has been doing Trim + major package, these are all separate trim levels.

Powdered Toast Man likes this.
  14. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Based on several wonky decisions over the last 6 years (remember "Crew", "Heat", and "Citadel"?) I'm convinced FCA's marketing division is a room full of monkeys with typewriters.

wvutuba, Mopartial, valiant67 and 3 others like this.
  15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Wonderful, let's take a thread full of good news and run it down the rabbit hole of negativity and insults. While some different strategies and decisions have been tried over the last few years, that comment is pretty dang insulting to the people who do the marketing work the best they can with what they have.

Dealers have been asking for a package that would better compete with the import brands, management and marketing listened and in this case it looks like they got it right.

There are current 4 consumer targeted Pacifica models:
    1. PACIFICA TOURING
    2. PACIFICA TOURING-L
    3. PACIFICA TOURING-L PLUS
    4. PACIFICA LIMITED
    It's not confusing and it's not hard to understand because each model has a specific demographic it is trying to sell too and content for that demograph. A dealer can simply look at the order guide information and a consumer will be able to see the updated mode lineup at some point. This is a new model and it was a smart move by Chrysler.

There is a fifth model, the Pacifica LX, is biased toward fleet only and that fact is clearly listed in the dealer guide. Again, I wish people would take five minutes to actually look up and understand the advantages and disadvantages to each model before throwing insults.

If anyone has questions about specific models, maybe consider asking here instead of being insulting to the employees at Chrysler who are simply doing their job by trying to find ways to better market the Pacifica and keep it competitive.

And before anyone asks... The Pacifica Hybrid is considered a seperate vehicle from the straight gasoline Pacifica lineup and has its own model specific dealer order guide.

Mike

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    thumper, freshforged, Doug D and 2 others like this.