NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Pacifica - New Package

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Mike V., Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yup, they have all the versions of the Touring available on the website for the consumer that does want to do research. You can spin as the glass half full or the glass half empty.

Further, this isn't about being personal... it's about the fact that there are 15 other threads going that do nothing but complain about marketing and quality. If you want to complain about marketing, go complain about it there.

Questioning strategy is not the same as openly trashing the marketing department, which was done in multiple posts. There was no discussion of strategy in those posts and I answered the strategy question when it was actually presented.

Mike

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    freshforged likes this.
  2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

It's quite possible and it may conincide with the filling of the Canadian model lineup as the slow phase out of the Grand Caravan begins.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

They need to finish filling out the model lineup for Pacifica in Canada for sure.

From a dealer perspective, it makes sense.

Mike

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  4. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

We sell top trim, and bottom trim almost exclusively with vans. Grand Caravan is either a CVP or base SXT (for stow n' go) or a Crew/RT. Pacificas we've sold thus far have been Limiteds - I think due to the fact we do not have an entry level Pacifica. I want to see more of these on the road, the LX will do that.

wilbur, Mike V. and UN4GTBL like this.
  5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Available Options for the Pacifica LX from the US order guide:
    8 PASSENGER SEATING
    ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
    KEYSENSE
    MANUF STATEMENT OF ORIGIN
    SAFETYTEC
    TIRE AND WHEEL GROUP - Includes Premium 17x7.0 Aluminum Wheels

MOPAR OPTIONS
    MOPAR INTERIOR PROTECTION PKG A - Includes Stow ‘n Go Storage Tub Liners, Cargo Liner, Sill Guards, All Weather Floor Mats, and All Weather Cargo Mat
    MOPAR ROADSIDE EMERGENCY KIT
    MOPAR RUNNING BOARDS/SPLASH GUARDS
    MOPAR SPLASH GUARDS - VEHICLE SET
    MOPAR VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM
    MOPAR WI-FI

FLEET ONLY OPTIONS
    17" INFLATABLE SPARE TIRE
    INCLUDED W/XGQ W/XGQ
    2 ADDITIONAL KEY FOBS
    BLACK STOW N PLACE ROOF RACK
    INFLATABLE SPARE TIRE KIT - Includes 17" Inflatable Spare Tire
    MOBILITY PREP GROUP
    POWER SLIDING DOORS
    REAR ACCESS MOBILITY PREP GROUP
    UCONNECT 8.4 NAV
    CLOTH BUCKET SEATS (S) - Cognac/Alloy/Toffee Interior - Toffee Seats with (S) Anodized Silver Accents and Liquid Titanium Bezels; Black/Alloy Interior - Black Seats with Sepia Accent Stitch and Anodized Silver Accents and Mineral Shitake Bezels

MONOTONE PAINT
    BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
    BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
    BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARL COAT
    DK. CORDOVAN PEARL COAT
    GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT
    JAZZ BLUE PEARL COAT
    MOLTEN SILVER
    TUSK WHITE
    VELVET RED PEARL COAT

BobbiBigWheels and UN4GTBL like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Car Freak

The Pacifica LX is already on Chrysler.ca...at a starting point of around $36,000 after a $1,500 cash rebate and 1.49% finance for 96 months...

7. BobbiBigWheels

Little side note about the Touring differences - have you guys looked at the difference between a Touring and Touring-L? Put simply; Heated Steering Wheel and 2nd Row Seats, Remote Start, and Back-Up Camera, and aesthetic differences. Biggest variance is at L-Plus which is a vehicle that can be nearly as loaded as a Limited.

Mike V. and Ian like this.
  8. BobbiBigWheels

It is - however we have already ordered all of our 2017 Pacificas for the year, back when ordering first opened LX did not exist. We will likely wait for 2018 MY to order LXs. And I promise you, 70% of the order will be this trim level.

Ian likes this.
  9. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

Touring vs Touring-L is also cloth vs. leather seats too, right?

10. BobbiBigWheels

Yes - I thought I wrote that.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

What's interesting is that the Caravan CVP is showing for about $23,400 now (vs. a low of $19k a few years ago)

Caravan SXT is $30,500
    Caravan Crew is $33,800
    Caravan GT is $39,000
    (with discounts, not including destination)

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

They will give Grand Caravan a higher price over the next year to make it look like a smooth price switch with the new Pacifica trims... mental marketing.

13. BobbiBigWheels

Current BC rebates allow me the ability to sell one for as little as $21,999 without losing money. That being said, we ain't making much. Clients still come in asking for the $19,998 Caravan. It's tough explaining that the exact same van is now listed at $23,400.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. BobbiBigWheels

Just noticed something though - the LX Pacifica does not have the 8.4" Uconnect as an option. That is one sneaky way to make clients bump up to the Touring by FCA. 8.4 should, IMO, be an option at all levels.

Ian likes this.
  15. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

It is in US (fleet only)

Mike

BobbiBigWheels and UN4GTBL like this.