NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Pacifica - New Package

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Mike V., Mar 10, 2017.

1. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

That's what I was thinking was happening. Will probably also encourage a lot of "the Pacifica is only $X,XXX more"

I'm glad we got our van when we did (brakes aside) [Not that I dislike the Pacifica at all]

Yeah, I was quite surprised they had "raised" the CVP price (lowered the discounts)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  2. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

@Mike V. - can I sell a retail client a new fleet vehicle? I was under the impression someone must be connected to FCA's fleet program to make that purchase.

3. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Any word on AWD availability? 2018 model? The new packages are hitting all the right points for me but I don't think I'll wait another year.

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

No. Fleet vehicle sales are based differently for each fleet customer if I recall from my sales days. Depends on how many vehicles they are going to buy.

BobbiBigWheels and Mike V. like this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

It's on the list, but don't expect to see it until Grand Caravan is axed and you see the new Pacifica based crossover which will also have AWD will debut.

Mike V. likes this.
  6. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

10-4, thanks RRB. We'll just have to suffer with a Durango I guess.:)

7. BobbiBigWheels

A 470+ HP Durango... unfortunately.

GasAxe likes this.
  8. BobbiBigWheels

Kind of counterintuitive that FCA has determined a need for the 8.4" touchscreen being available on the LX, but are restricting it to Fleet only. I do not see the rationale for this other than forcing a client to take a van that costs more money, and has options they do not want or need.

Ian likes this.
  9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

It's not standard... it's an option so not forced.

Mike

10. BobbiBigWheels

It's not an option for retail purchase, that was what I was getting at.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. Ian

Ian Car Freak

And having to buy a more expensive package to get the 8.4...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  12. BobbiBigWheels

Exactly.

13. desavona

desavona Member

I don't mean this in a condescending way, but:

This isn't really different from how most manufacturer trim levels work though right? Base model gets base equipment with few options available. Want the 8.4" screen? It's a "premium" option for mid to high trim levels. It's no different from wanting leather, or ventilated seats. Only the higher trim levels get the cool toys. The fact that so much comes standard on even base models would blow someone's mind if they were transplanted from the 70's (I assume ) or even the 90's.

Devildodge and Mike V. like this.
  14. BobbiBigWheels

Other brands are becoming wise to the fact that many clients want certain features, and do not want to pay for others. I'll give you an example of a deal I literally completed just after I posted last:

Older gentleman owns a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT. Found out that the SXT trim level finally has an AWD option. Came and purchased an SXT AWD due solely to the ability to get a lower trimmed Dodge Journey with the AWD system, whereas before, one must jump to an R/T or Crossroad before it became available, for about $10,000 more than an SXT.

Making your best in class infotainment system available on lower trimmed vehicles is something that needs to happen. Clients expect technology in their vehicles to be on par with their smartphone. Apple Carplay and Android Auto are becoming "must-have" features due to this exact thought process.

Powdered Toast Man likes this.
  15. desavona

desavona Member

That shocks me. The pricing structure is so different in Canada. Just looked at the build and price for SXT and Crossroads Journeys. The AWD for SXT jumps the price 3K to $28545. Crossroads AWD jumps 3K to $29945. Your viewpoint makes more sense to me when a 10K jump in price would be required.

When I look at the price jump for pretty much any model in FCA's lineup I've looked at to get the 8.4", the price increase isn't huge IMO. Fully loaded :)D) is a huge jump in price of course.