NewsWhat’s special about the Demon? • Demon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT widebody...

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by redriderbob, Feb 23, 2017.

1. jam1

jam1 Member

ps. I'm so excited about all this stuff going on..... am like a kid in a candy store. I lived through decades where performance was not present and folks wondered where we were heading...... I know there's thing to still be concerned about but I see more good than bad right now.

ScramFan likes this.
  2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Two supercharged Challengers for 2018...

Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Challenger SRT Demon

The Challenger SRT Hellcat gets an option for a "wide body" which includes the items discussed in the first post of this thread.

All Challenger SRT Hellcat's 2015-2017 are officially rated at 707 hp. Many owners have dyno'd their cars and believe, based on common drivetrain losses, that the Hellcat is actually making more HP than advertised. The number varies quite a bit so I won't post anything because it's not official.

The official HP of the 2018 Challenger SRT Hellcat has not been officially announced... it may or may not stay at 707hp. The official HP of the Challenger SRT Demon has not been announced.

Caught up now?

Mike

jam1 and stroudtom like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT stays at 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft of torque. It will get illuminated twin air headlight ducts for the 2018 model year. Widebody option will have radial tires, and same wide body kit as SRT Demon. The wide body HELLCAT will keep the standard HELLCAT spoiler and hood from what I am told.

MoparJoe and Mike V. like this.
  4. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

This Hellcat is wrapping up to be the car that many were wanting them to build, a Hellcat with more meat underneath it. They are literally copy/paste what the forums have been asking for. I have never seen a company respond to a particular group of enthusiast like Dodge is. Guys are asking for it and are now getting it. Everyone wanted a Hellcat with thick meats, boom, SRT delivers. It's amazing to watch. Guys want a "drag pack" legal car, boom, here comes the Demon. It is literally the coolest thing I have seen, they are giving us what we want and then some.

BASONE88, jam1, danbek and 3 others like this.
  5. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

I believe that only the 2 WB's will get the illuminated twin ducts, I will check.

Hellcatbroughtmehere and Mike V. like this.
  6. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Would we be able to order the 20x11 rims. I know they are bigger than the stock wheels, but they shouldn't stand out too much.

7. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

They will stick out.

Mike

8. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Well yes, but not many people will notice it, they never have with my 10.5 rims.

9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

My understanding is the offset is quite different. I don't have the exact numbers yet.

Mike

Hellcatbroughtmehere likes this.
  10. TTO_XODJ

TTO_XODJ Member

Ah okay, thank you! Good to know!

11. conceptmachine

conceptmachine New Member

To clarify, will the hellcat wide body be basically the same as the demon wide body? Also, I thought that the challenger was supposed to be on a new platform next year. Is it going to run for 2019 as well?

12. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Same wide body fenders, 20" wheels, Hellcat hood, & Hellcat rear spoiler.

Take some time to catch up with the many Allpar news articles that have confirmed multiple times that Challenger and Charger will not go to the G platform until 2021.

Mike

13. ramajama

ramajama Member

I agree. Who doesnt like going fast in a straight line,,,,but going fast while turning left, turning right and turning left and right some more takes more skill and its way more fun. This is overdue for the Chally. What Dodge is doing with the Hellcat is nothing short of Awe-Sum. Something for everyone...as long as you can afford it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    BASONE88 and conceptmachine like this.
  14. srtaholic

srtaholic Member

Hmm random I know but the T/A would be an ideal wide body car.. can we widebody all the things?

15. Muther

Muther Active Member

Yes, there is the old line that "a Hemi can make 426hp with a spark plug wire pulled."

I agree mostly, but don't under estimate what it takes to win a drag race. It is less about raw talent, and more about raw nerve. I know road racers that don't have the man parts enough to go full out in a seven second car let alone something faster. (One blower explosion WILL put the fear of God into you)

73chargerse likes this.