AF: 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT widebody... | Page 27 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT widebody...

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Feb 23, 2017.

1. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Interesting video. It shows the importance of traction control and highlights the fact that it has far more power than you need anywhere but the straight - which is just how I like it. Give me over the top power and let me learn to apply it appropriately (*). In MotoGP (motorcycle racing at the highest level), electronics play a huge part in the success of a rider. Cornering wheel spin in a car slows down your lap times. Cornering wheel spin on a motorcycle can get you killed (Shoya Tomizawa, Marco Simoncelli, et al). Too much power can be controlled either with experience or electronics (or both). Too little power gets you beat.
    Every Charger/Challenger with a Hellcat in it should be a wide body. Way too much power to be having (relatively) skinny tires. Back in the mid 1990s I bought an '88 Corvette. One of the things I first noticed about it was that the tires on it, even in the front, looked like 55 gallon drums on their sides they were so wide. Where the rubber meets the road, gotta have lots of rubber on the road. And that thing had nowhere near 700 horsepower. Since I believe all Demons are accounted for, if I were to be struck by a winning lottery ticket, a wide body Challenger would be among the first things I would buy (along with a Trackhawk, absolutely love that thing).

(* I once remarked to a co-worker about my fondness for the Hellcat engine. He responded with a question, "Where are you going to use 707 horsepower?", to which I curtly replied, "Everywhere I take it!" I was new to the team, but it didn't take long for them to prepare to roll their eyes every time I spoke.)
    ;)

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

3. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

Someone give me some spy shots of the WB Charger so I can leak them for all the likes on instagram.

UN4GTBL and wtxiceman like this.
  4. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Oh?

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

lol

6. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

7. Smitman

Smitman Active Member

UN4GTBL and MoparJoe like this.
  8. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

It's the wing option...

Smitman likes this.
  9. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

even after a year I still think this is funny ...

demon.trump.jpg

James A, Brandon47, Manic59 and 5 others like this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

K? I think it means J.

UN4GTBL and Ryan like this.