NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT widebody...

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by redriderbob, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Muther

Muther Active Member

OK, great. Now that we have successfully identified the correct thread, and since it took us five posts to do that...

I'll assume there is no more news about the W HC.

(No sarcasm was intended... OK maybe a little).

I am just a bit let down that a super awesome car is coming and they won't leak anything to us.

Mike V. likes this.
  2. ramajama

ramajama Member

3. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Specific? Pacific? Pacifica?? There's going to be a widebody Hellcat Pacifica?!?:eek:

4. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

A lot of details, specific details to be exact, have already been intentionally (or unintentionally) "leaked".

MoparDanno and Mike V. like this.
  5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Sorry it was my fault, it's been a rough day.

Mike

6. Muther

Muther Active Member

NO. It's my fault. I was just felling a little salty today.

7. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Member

I am thrilled that so many of you are excited about the widebody. That means there might be more Demons available at less crazy prices. LOL. Seriously, if the car is intended as more of a road course car, I would expect some brake system tweaking.

8. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

I was told same brakes as standard Hellcat. But I wouldn't be surprised to see another feature or two that could be a benefit out in the twisties.

danbek, MoparDanno and Mike V. like this.
  9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Further, the Hellcat brakes are serious brakes. They are not drag race oriented. They are big, multi piston setups that are ideal for track days and road racing.

If a Hellcat owner wants more, they can upgrade the rotor to the sintered carbon rotor that the Z/28 uses.

The Hellcat WB is going to be a really neat car.

Mike

wilbur and MPE426HEMI like this.
  10. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Member

I'm very interested in this car. It will be a sales phenomenon.

Mike V. likes this.
  11. Mr. Gooseman

Mr. Gooseman Member

I, too, am very interested in Hellcat Widebody. Seems like it's fixin' to be among the best all-around performance cars of the day, whereas Mr. Demon, no doubt a comfortable cruiser if you want it to be, will be the ultimate hammer.

Hellcat Widebody = Bo Jackson; Demon = Earl Campbell.

Camaro = Jeff George (lol, I keeeeed, I keeeed)

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

There isn't much to say, the widebody option will have a few different options compared to the standard SRT HELLCAT. However, not enough to make it a complete standout above the car. It will be able to put the power down to the ground a lot quicker. It will have radial tires instead of the Demon's drag radials. But it will be just like a standard SRT HELLCAT inside. Outside slap the Demon's widebody kit on it.

13. Hellcatbroughtmehere

Hellcatbroughtmehere Member

Any idea what the widebody option will cost? Even a rough percentage over what the current base hellcat costs would be great :)

14. Mopar392

Mopar392 Active Member

Wider body is because of wider tires which count for better take off the line and around the twisties...
    It won't be as quick as ZL1 or GT350 but it should be able to hold itself against SS 1LE and Stang GT Track Pack...

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Not a clue