NewsWhat’s special about the Demon? • Demon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT HELLCAT widebody...

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by redriderbob, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Detonator Yellow

Detonator Yellow Member

Pricing released Q3?

Figure that would be a better question than asking what the price is.

2. Muther

Muther Active Member

Man, with those meats, and bouncy bits recalibrated to handle the grip? That alone should make it a real contender. Plus, I have seen them, Z28, ZL1, and a GT350 sidelined at a track day with boiled brake fluid (cc brakes put their heat into the rotor, and thus the fluid), or boiling radiators.

From what I hear, no experience, Hellcats don't overheat, even when pressed pretty hard.

Illegal Machine and Mike V. like this.
  3. dakrt99

dakrt99 Active Member

Yep, they over-engineered the Hellcat. One guy posted to HC.org, 13 or 14 time slips from one night. The temp gauge didn't budge!

4. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

They run them one right after the other lap after lap at Carlisle. Now, granted they aren't racing them, but they are beating on them. The Hellcat is so much more amazing than I think alot of people realize. Drive it, race it, drive it home. I think Dodge nailed it. And you can take 4 friends to cheer you on and have a fun road trip.

5. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Side rant, sorry! How is it Dodge/FCA can construct such a reliable monster, yet their quality rating stink? I really hope the commitment to the outstanding engineering put into the Hellcat spreads to the rest of the company.
    /rant.

MoparJoe and wtxiceman like this.
  6. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

project/production/partsprocurement cost management

7. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Keep that discussion in one of the other threads on that topic please.

It is off topic for this thread and will be subject to possible moderation if discussion occurs.

Mike

freshforged likes this.
  8. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

I said I was sorry...:oops:
    ;)

9. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

You should be :D

Mike

GasAxe likes this.
  10. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Member

I mentioned in the other thread I helped the local paper here with their......... *ahem* "testing" of the Hellcat Challenger when it came out. Basically 6 of us took turns making pass after pass after pass at the drag strip in the middle of the day. Trap speed was basically in the 121-124 the entire time. VERY impressive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bajanbuoy, UN4GTBL, Mike V. and 2 others like this.
  11. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Any attention getting given to this at the auto show. Or is it not on the time line quite yet. This seems like it could have been shown or given then start the Demon, but they went right for the throat

12. MoparDanno

MoparDanno Active Member Level III Supporter

I think this will be a later debut once the furor of the Demon ADR package wears down some ( If it ever does. lol )

IMO the Hellcat widebody is the way the Hellcats should have come from the factory. But I see why they didn't do it initially, because the drivetrain itself was enough of a risk, they weren't going to toss in a major body "revision" as well.

wilbur and Illegal Machine like this.
  13. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Big IF there. I am interested in seeing how long all this challenger excitement will carry over, and with the Fate of the Furious coming out, even more people will be getting excited about this. Glad to hear The Demon will be on display at Carlisle...was hoping this might be too. This is such a fun time to be a Mopar fan, but even any fan of cars, engines, or just technology.

Thanks

Hellcatbroughtmehere likes this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

One of our fellow Detroit Area Modern Mopar (DAMM) group members spotted this awhile back, but I thought I would share. Its a widebody (sans the widebody) HELLCAT mule with the SRT392 spoiler, but look at those wide rear radial tires.

Attached Files:

dakota21 likes this.
  15. Devildodge

Devildodge Member

Reminds me of the Dodge Aspen Super Coupe. Why can't I ever get images to load.

Tried to show what I mean...maybe someone can hook up an image.

Man I had a dodge aspen, two actually...this motor in that shell with mopar goodies to modernize the frame...sleeper all day long

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM