Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Dodge Charger Pursuit - Detailed Look in 4K

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by HWDan, Oct 12, 2017.

1. HWDan

HWDan Active Member

Another great detailed walkthrough from MikesCarInfo, and it's a 5.7 too.

Love the dome light! and the backup camera icon to turn it on in any gear!

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

Officer Protection Package - standard

Auxiliary dome light - standard, since 2006 (1981 on the M-Body)

The full size spare is now optional, and generally removed while in service.

Looks like they've improved the oil fill tube to prevent drainback.

The rest is all very basic LD Charger info that applies to every Charger built since 2011.

3. awolb69

awolb69 Well-Known Member

Cool video and very informative! I've seen prob thousands of these around as police cars but never got a close up look at them. Biggest surprises, that they delete the sound insulation from the hood and trunk lid and no engine cover on top of the hemi. Do they also delete the engine cover from the Pentastar V6 when equipped? Also surprised that they still use the NAG1 5 speed automatic with the hemi and rear wheel drive. I know the all wheel drives still use the 5 speeds with the hemi but thought the RWD's used the 8 speed.

4. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Challenger GT Concept proved the 5.7L HEMI and 8-speed with AWD can happen...

row_0327.jpg

dodgechallengergtsema-3.jpg

bluskye likes this.
  5. awolb69

awolb69 Well-Known Member

I guess they must think better to be safe than sorry and not expose the relatively new 8 speed to harsh police duty. Where I live in New York State, all '15 and up NY State Police Charger's are AWD 5.7 Hemi powered coupled with the 5 speed. No 2 wheel drives in the snow belt!