Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Durango... what's new?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Mike V., Jun 9, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

img-35636948-1500495690707.JPG

New 2018 Dodge Durango SRT Named to Wards 10 Best User Experience List

• Offering an array of advanced technology features, the Dodge Durango SRT comes equipped with a new Uconnect fourth-generation system that includes performance improvements with quicker startup time and enhanced processing power
    • Available with the class exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen that offers multi-touch gestures, vivid imagery, sharper graphics, new SRT Performance Pages and the ability to support smartphone integrations of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
    • Personalization made easy with a newly designed 7-inch, thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable digital instrument gauge cluster with 180-mph speedometer that allows drivers to select from a multitude of layouts and information
    09.11.2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
    Going beyond the new ultimate performance and utility capabilities for a 475-horsepower, three-row SUV, the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT now is being recognized for its advanced technology and ease-of-use as the editors at WardsAuto have named the new 2018 Dodge Durango SRT to the Wards 10 Best User Experience List for 2017.

Aggressive, functional and luxurious inside and out, the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT is loaded with an array of technology advancements, innovative and easy-to-use features and services designed to keep consumers connected, engaged and informed, while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

“The Dodge Durango SRT presents a dazzling array of graphical elements, including a smoky SRT animation at startup and shutdown, a slick 3-D navigation map and an equally colorful TFT gauge cluster,” said Tom Murphy, Senior Editor of WardsAuto. “An SRT button at the base of the center stack triggers a series of Performance Pages to help drivers tap into the vehicle’s prodigious performance and set the transmission, stability control, suspension, steering and all-wheel-drive systems to their liking.

“Drivers who want launch control and active Christmas tree lights for a little drag racing have it all at their fingertips,” Murphy continued. “So are adaptive cruise control, other driver-assistance technologies and real-time news, traffic and weather linkups that make the Durango SRT a great daily driver.”

To select the best of the best, WardsAuto editors evaluated the overall user experience of 23 vehicles, rating them on user-friendliness, infotainment features, sound systems, vehicle connectivity, driver assistance technology, information/displays, system compatibility and materials.

“The new Dodge Durango SRT not only delivers a 4.4-second 0-60 time and 8,700-pound towing capability, it also delivers an updated interior with all the latest technology, including SRT Performance Pages and the ability to support smartphone integrations of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “Wards recognition is further validation from third-party influencers that the new Dodge Durango SRT delivers best-in-class performance, innovative technology and functional, easy-to-use features.”

The Dodge Durango SRT debuts with the new Uconnect fourth-generation system that includes performance improvements with faster startup time, enhanced processing power and the class-exclusive Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen display that houses the new SRT Performance Pages along with Uconnect Navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM Guardian connected services, HD Radio, and 5-year trial of SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic.

Personalization is made even easier with a newly designed 7-inch, thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable digital instrument gauge cluster with 180-mph speedometer that allows drivers to select from a multitude of layouts and information.

The 2018 Dodge Durango offers consumers more than 60 available safety and security features, including standard all-speed traction control and ESC, which improve overall vehicle handling and performance both on- and off-road. Standard trailer-sway control enhances towing capabilities and keeps the vehicle and trailer aligned as the Durango travels down the road.

Available safety and security features include forward collision warning with crash mitigation, adaptive cruise control with stop, Blind-spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Path (RCP) detection, which aid drivers when changing lanes or in parking lot situations. Uconnect with SiriusXM Guardian connected services includes SOS Calling, Roadside Assistance Calling, Stolen Vehicle Assistance and Theft Alarm Notification. In addition, standard front-row active head restraints, standard full-length three-row side-curtain air bags and standard front-seat-mounted side thorax air bags offer enhanced occupant protection to passengers in the event of a collision. In total, Durango offers seven standard airbags.

UN4GTBL and Ian like this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

More media photos released...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2018 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD

Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

4. Konrad

Konrad Member

Hemidakota, jwp44 and OneGunzo like this.
  5. Konrad

Konrad Member

6. Chase300

Chase300 Active Member

At $42K the Citadel its a great buy and IMO best bang for your buck in the Durango lineup.

GasAxe likes this.
  7. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Posting for Konrad. Zrzut_ekranu_2017_09_14_o_20_13_25.jpg

8. scatpack_69

scatpack_69 Active Member

'18 Durango Build & Price IS on the Dodge page. I built one last night...

Zagnut27 likes this.
  9. TripleT

Level III Supporter

needs the 6.4 in the Citidel!!

Zagnut27 and GasAxe like this.
  10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

They could easily take my money with that.

TripleT likes this.
  11. Konrad

Konrad Member

True, checked now...You have to go to 2018 durango page and then click Build and price...however when I go to Build and price from the main site, there's no such option. But yes, there is B&P for 2018 durango from dodge website :D
    [​IMG]

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  13. jwp44

jwp44 Active Member

Question to the owners of Durango's with 20" wheels---is it a comfortable ride with those size wheels? It is difficult to tell on a quick test drive how a vehicle performs over a longer time; thanks for your comments.

14. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Both my Durango's had the 20" wheels. They were R/Ts. The Grand Cherokee I have has the 18" wheels. The Grand is much smoother, probably partly the wheels, the suspension tuning and no vented seats in the Jeep.

Still the Durango rides decent, the longer wheelbase helps. But I haven't been in one with 18" wheels enough to compare to the 20".

Mike V. likes this.
  15. OneGunzo

OneGunzo Active Member

Btw, if you go the 2018 link and build your favourite SRT, you can see the internal adds via the 360 view. Very nice inside.

Other than the arm rest, I did not see a good place for my phone :( And yes, I forget it all the time when I put it in the arm rest of my current D. :)

16. canesice

canesice Member

17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Bought one of these on Amazon for my Dodge Charger and love it...

[​IMG]

OneGunzo likes this.
  18. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

You can get the sticky type with a magnetic base (example: Wizgear products) to attach to the dash. The plate is attached to the back of your cell phone (inside the cover protector). I do this for the 300 above the radio knob. This way, it frees up the cup holder, 12volt plugs, and so forth.

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

received_1452060374886096.jpeg

Mine works good...

20. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

In that bottom slot, I have a another 7-inch tablet that plays movies. :) So in my case, not happening.