NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Jeep Cherokee better bring it......

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

My friend, who worked at Toyota for 11 years and now works at Hyundai, drives a Sonata PHEV.

In his words, the interior is "better than Lexus". I don't know if the Sonata PHEV is a special case, but from what have seen, I can't argue with him.

2. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

I think it depends a lot on the trim. There's a very steep curve from base to top trim as far as interior features go. Base models definitely do NOT feel like Lexus interiors.

PCRMike and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Had to scroll up to ensure that that was indeed the slogan for Allpar...

4. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Active Member

My first impression of the CRV front end is a mouth that seriously needs to see an orthodontist.

somber and JKU12 like this.
  5. somber

somber 370,000 miles Level 2 Supporter

Bad case of under bite.

6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

The CRV may be ugly to some, but I doubt Honda will have any trouble selling them. Just sayin.

7. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yup and they sell nearly 3 times as many of them too

Zagnut27 likes this.
  8. LouJC

LouJC Member

Its the generic ugly Honda face. To think they were pleasant looking when they first came out (1st and 2nd Gen Civics), same with the early Accord and Prelude. Then after that, they became more generic Japanese. Their response to looking too generic, seems to be more chrome decoration and insect like headlamps.

CVTs don't have to feel odd or annoying. We have one in my wife'd '17 Subaru Forester and it does not have any odd habits at all. No motor boat or rubber band feeling. Also as far as 4 cyl vibrations, the old flat 4s on Subies had some low speed vibs, but they appear to have tuned these out. Very good low speed torque and responsiveness with the 2.5 four and CVT....

9. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

It seems like as FCA is abandoning CVTs, the CVTs in general are much better in feel or the purchasers and reviewers are more accepting of CVTs.

10. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

In the US, yeah, they're abandoning them. Other markets they're keeping them. It's interesting that FCA gave up on them just as outfits like Toyota and Honda and Subaru are getting their customers to accept them.

11. cgseller@gmail.com

cgseller@gmail.com Member

12. dmcdonald

dmcdonald Member

My wife recently picked up a new Renegade Trailhawk to replace her Renegade North (Canadian version of the Latitude) with the 1.4l and manual shift. Her niece will be learning to drive on it and was really nervous about the manual plus an unbelievable deal presented itself.

FWIW, the 9spd in her new rig is exceptionally smooth and slick. Best example I have driven yet! If the new Cherokees are as smooth, no one will be even mentioning CVTs.

PCRMike, TripleT, freshforged and 2 others like this.
  13. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

Excellent :D

14. humdrum

humdrum Member

...About as broad as it is wide. I'm sure we eventually will.

15. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

I think it looks vanilla, as do all Hondas. Ties perfectly into their (lack of) styling. The Ridgeline is among the ugliest things ever conceived however. I posted a photo on my FB of the first new Ridgeline I saw in person and my frank opinion of its ugliness. I think I got over 70 likes.