NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Jeep Cherokee better bring it......

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

I think the big question is if it's less polarizing will it sell better, worse, or not make any difference?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. humdrum

humdrum Member

Will the "Massive Site For Mopars" tease it like Dodge is doing with the Demon?

3. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Nah. The 1993 Ram was polarizing too. And the PT Cruiser and the LX 300 and the Aztec and the YJ Wrangler. Some polarizing designs end up being universally accepted like the Ram, some fade from the original design like the 300. Designs like the Aztec end up as an example of "what were they thinking?!?" and some just need time to be accepted for their design changes like the square headlights on the YJ.

4. desavona

desavona Member

I liked the look of the Aztec...

5. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged Level III Supporter

The Aztek is and always has been my immediate reference when I need an example of a hideous vehicle.

wtxiceman likes this.
  6. vipergg

vipergg Active Member

And then the Buick version was actually reasonably good looking so it matters how you implement the front and rear clips on vehicles.

7. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Some people just can't be helped.:D;)

eastcoaster, Bajanbuoy, Ian and 2 others like this.
  8. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Discussion is on going...

Mike

humdrum likes this.
  9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Yes, polarizing as in love/hate, attractive/ugly, that's neat/WTF, Etc. But often it's a polite way of describing something that's less than pleasant to the eyes. It's like when a real estate agent describes a house as cozy...he really means it's small and be careful to not bang your head on the doorways. Cherokee's mug very much fits that bill, but it sells...so either folks like it, don't care, or don't notice...the end result is the same.

And with a Jeep, it really isn't about looks anyway (at least to me). It's always been about capability.

GasAxe and Hemidakota like this.
  10. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Member

Beside road noise, wheels falling off soon as you drive the trail...LOL Quality is not always as speculative by JD or CR.

Sorry, a former Honda owner here, I can attest, NEVER AGAIN will I BE DUPED. ;)

tlc, TripleT and aldo90731 like this.
  11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Yup. My sister-in-law had an Accord several years ago. There was always something wrong with it. She traded it for a Buick Regal, and hasn't had one issue with it other than she feels the 4cyl is slow...go figure. Lol

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. TripleT

TripleT Active Member

No Polarizing is not the same as UGLY... look it up ;)..... what it means is that it doesn't have universal appeal... it creates passion either way. Ugly is more universal... So the example here is Honda vs Cherokee... the Honda is Ugly the Cherokee is Polarizing. Polarizing can be positive in that it means there is passion. Passion equals sales... Typically it is better to be polarizing then it is to create apathy

Morty, somber, UN4GTBL and 2 others like this.
  13. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Which, unfortunately, the current 300 redesign took much of the polarizing out of the style.

freshforged likes this.
  14. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

Yep, 44 videos coming your way :D

redriderbob and humdrum like this.
  15. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Nissan J(o)ke for me.